Installing HDD to NVR

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
hawkeye62

Installing HDD to NVR

Post by hawkeye62 »

I have a NVR-4108 and I am not having any success installing a WD 2 TB Surveillance HDD. The WD is on the compatible list and was recommended by Amcrest Tech Support. I have an external HDD enclosure on my Windows desktop that I can use to experiment with the WD format, drive letter, type of partition, etc. The problem is that when I power up the NVR, a popup window says "No Hard Drive" and the table that shows hdd info is blank. I know the hdd is OK because I can use it in the external enclosure. I need advice on how the HDD should be setup for use in the NVR. I assume that it should not be a boot HDD, just a storage HDD? Should it have a drive letter? My desktop has only "G" or higher available. I was told to try FAT32, but there is no option for FAT32, so I formatted it exFAT.

Any advice will be very much appreciated.

Regards, Jim
hawkeye62

Re: Installing HDD to NVR

Post by hawkeye62 »

Never mind. Tech support told me exFAT was the correct format and to use no drive letter. Then I reset the NVR and now everything works perfectly.

Jim