How to configure for FTP storage?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Kelemvor

How to configure for FTP storage?

Post by Kelemvor »

Howdy,

Just got my IP2M-841B cameras today and am trying to set them up. Live view is working fine.

What I want to do is have them setup with Motion Detection to record video to an FTP server on my internal network but I can't seem to get it to work.

I used the webplugin in IE (only browser it seems to work in) and went under Storage | Destination | FTP and entered in the username, password, port, etc. However, I can't seem to figure out how to test it and see if it's working.

If I record from the Live View it saves to my local HDD in a DEV file (whatever the hell that is) but is there a way to manually record to FTP? And then how do I configure the Motion Detection during certain times and things like that?

Thanks!
Kelemvor

Re: How to configure for FTP storage?

Post by Kelemvor »

Update: I did end up going under Event | Video Detection but found that when I went to Setup the Schedule it wouldn't save anything I did. It had Sunday checked and I could check other boxes but when I saved and went back in they were all unchecked again for some reason.
Kelemvor

Post by Kelemvor »

Update 2: I kept playing around and I think I got it working. But wow, it stores files in a crappy folder structure. Is there any way I can change that?

By default it goes to: AMC<serial#>\2017-03-01\001\dav\21
Any way I can strip off the last three folders so it just goes to AMC<serial#>\2017-03-01?
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello Kelemvor ,

Currently there is no option to change this structure. We are working on improving this in future firmware updates.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

bucktownbell

Post by bucktownbell »

Kelmvor,

I wrote a bash script to extract the .mp4 files out of their directories, rename them with a proper date/time sequence number, and place them in a single incoming directory where they can be viewed by another script. I could post the script here if there's a way to do that. It's a bit rusty but works. Had to write it just for this camera. The Foscams have their own way of writing to the server.
mxlplx00

Post by mxlplx00 »

Bucktownbell,
Are you still watching this thread? I would like to try your script. Maybe you can post it on http://www.stackoverflow.com/ so that the file doesn't get corrupted by pasting it in a forum. Or you could message me and I'll give you my email.

Thanks
Marc