FTP Storage and NVR

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
lemmy999

FTP Storage and NVR

Post by lemmy999 »

I have two IP2M-841 1080P cameras on my LAN. Currently they record video and snapshots related to motion events to the SD card only. I am able to view these files by

1) using the Amcrest View Lite app on my phone
2) using Internet Explorer and logging in to the camera's web interface
3) pulling the SD card out and watching the mp4 using VLC on my computer

I was wanting to start storing the video files to the USB HDD connected to my router using FTP. However it seems (at least at one time) I would not be able to view these files via method 1 or 2 above. I would have to manually connect to the USB HDD and play the files using VLC on my computer. Is this still the case or has there been updates that have made this possible?

I want to add more cameras and some of them will not have SD slots. But I want to be able to view the captured video files remotely via a web interface or the Amcrest App. Would my only option be to get an Amcrest NVR?
jack7

Re: FTP Storage and NVR

Post by jack7 »

You can also replay the camera SD card events with Amcrest Surveillance Pro on a PC.

To replay detection events on android and a PC, without a camera SD card or NVR, you could try the PC program Blue Iris which uses its own event recording, but the PC must stay on.