Extending a 2nd monitor and mouse

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Mick

Extending a 2nd monitor and mouse

Post by Mick »

I have a NV4108E with 4 cameras. I am in the process of putting a 2nd monitor and mouse in a more usable place in the house and using about 50ft of cable 's' 1: HDMI (monitor) and 2: Mouse (Cat7 with USB adapters). The monitor is working great with the HDMI connection but I am having an issue with the mouse working at that length. Has anyone had success in doing this.
JStateson

Re: Extending a 2nd monitor and mouse

Post by JStateson »

Table of cat7 gauge here Looks like AWG 22 gauge is recommended for power over ethernet. Since your USB mouse requires power to operate it may not be getting enough with, for example, 26 AWG CAT 7. You might also try a USB powered hub at the mouse end of the cable. Lemme know if the powered hub works.
Mick

Re: Extending a 2nd monitor and mouse

Post by Mick »

Thanks, I am up and running. Ended up being a bad USB Extension Cable Adapter. Presently running 50' Cat-7 w/new USB Extension Cable Adapter. Plan to connect the powered hub later anyway. Thanks for the cat7 spec sheet.