Error: "Resources are not sufficient. Failed to enable the video"

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
joyjit

Error: "Resources are not sufficient. Failed to enable the video"

Post by joyjit »

Hi all,

I bought and installed the NV4108E-HS NVR along with 3x IP8M-2493EW Cameras

Its been about 3 weeks, and they have been working fine.

But since yesterdat, while doing the live preview, I am seeing this message in one of the preview windows:

"Resources are not sufficient. Failed to enable the video"

(Also see screenshot attached)

I have rebooted the NVR
I have disconnected the PoE cable to the camera and reconnected it.
I have disconnected the PoE cable to the camera and reconnected it to
a different port of the NVR.

Nothing has helped. I still get the error.

Anybody else seeing this problem?

I have a query out to [email protected] havent received a response yet.
amcrest_error.PNG
amcrest_error.PNG (13.37 KiB) Viewed 5543 times
joyjit

Re: Error: "Resources are not sufficient. Failed to enable the video"

Post by joyjit »

I solved the problem by performing a HARD Reset on the camera:

https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... P8M-2493E-

I never heard back from Amcrest Support :(
techeseller

Post by techeseller »

No need to reset the camera if.....
I ran into the same issue this weekend but its not an issue with amcrest but a user related issue, though the error message needs some work that is generated by Amcrest. I figured out the issue was the default password was no longer set because I had previously log into the cameras before I installed the NVR. Because the default password wasn't set the NVR could not automatically connect to the camera. The web based GUI returned back a different error than if you log into the NVR with mouse and monitor. Luckily I had planned to utilized both web based and hdmi outs. The reason a hard set works is because it defaults the Camera back with default log in credentials. So Amcrest makes you change the password to the camera when you log into the camera directly, if you do this remember in order for the NVR to connect to the camera you must also change the password on the camera setup screen next to the computer icon with the red x. This means the nvr has failed to connect. Once the password has been updated the nvr will be able to establish a connection and all is good.
opusedward

Post by opusedward »

I am also getting this error. I couldn't quite understand the solution provided above. I have changed computers, so I needed to download and run an amcrest ipconfig. Everything else is the same. I have an NVR and two cameras.

When I need to access my cameras directly, I sign in using their ip address. They each have a separate password. The NVR has another password when I sign in using the web service.

Please advise.