Email test always fails - brand new camera

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
amcr751

Re: Email test always fails - brand new camera

Post by amcr751 »

@Rick@RCS: I'm assuming no further update/resolution from Amcrest? It seems they talk up their technical competence but fail where the rubber hits the road. :-( It's been 9 months since I questioned their non-standard SMTP implementation ("AUTH command used when not advertised") and no firmware updates. Sigh. I'm not a happy customer.
BurntTech

Post by BurntTech »

I picked up some of these cameras and its really sad sending emails without auth doesn't work. If this isn't working for anyone I might return all of my cameras. Enabling AUTH on SMTP is just another brute force hole which is undesirable. Using GMAIL isn't a solution for a closed network setup. This is a really bad first impression when basic mail to local smtp server doesn't work.
consorts

Post by consorts »

hi guys, a few things that helped me get gmail notifications working;
https://support.google.com/accounts/ans ... 0255?hl=en
always use Port 587 with TSL and start off very conservative on your
alert frequency because gmail can lock out access for up to a day
if you send too many emails with attachments from your camera.
once you have it working, you may also find this thread helpful;
https://amcrest.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10290
t84a

Post by t84a »

Try this: hook up your camera via Ethernet and do an email test using the wired interface. It should work. You can then go back to wireless and it should continue to work. Don't ask me why this works but I do this now with all new Amcrest cameras.