DVR won't respond to front panel or mouse

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Ian

DVR won't respond to front panel or mouse

Post by Ian »

Hello,

My DVR stopped working a few months ago and I'm just getting around to trying to fix it.

It seemed like the hard drive stopped working, so I just installed a new hard drive. But I can't get past the setup screen.

The model number is AMDV7208

When I first turn it on it beeps for a few seconds, then starts doing something. The optical mouse will light up during the initial startup, but at some point it shuts off.

Once I get to the Setup Wizard screen there is no way to click anything as neither the mouse or the front keypad do anything.

Any ideas? I also can't access it through the app as it says that the device is offline.

I'd really like to get this back up and running.

Ian
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: DVR won't respond to front panel or mouse

Post by Melvin »

Hi Ian,

Did you try different mouse ? and also there will be two USB ports on the DVR one in front and one in the back.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Ian

Re: DVR won't respond to front panel or mouse

Post by Ian »

I did try multiple mouses and both ports.

I finally called tech support and they were able to get into the DVR remotely. However it still wasn't working.

But he said something that finally solved it. I moved the DVR recently and it somehow got plugged into one of the camera power supplies, not the standalone power supply. Unfortunately the owners manual doesn't show the actual power supply, or the ratings, so it wasn't easy to identify which of my many was the correct one. But I figured it out and it seems to be back up and running again.

So for others having this problem, if you use a camera power supply the unit will power on, but apparently not have enough power to run properly.

Thanks to tech support for helping me figure it out!