Date&time reset to 01-01-2000 after device goes offline

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Robert_B_2

Re: Date&time reset to 01-01-2000 after device goes offline

Post by Robert_B_2 »

I've never used any other software; only Amcrest Surveillance Pro. Came on disk in box with camera. Where do I get this other software. I read something about a plugin but can't find it now. Btw, camera reset randomly this morning so firmware upgrade was no help.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

I would suggest you stop using ASP for awhile.
You can find Internet Explorer (IE) browser by typing internet explorer in Windows search box. To use the Web icon in the IP Config program described below, first set Windows Settings browser default to IE.

https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... our-Web-UI

To Import/export camera settings in web UI, go to Setup/System/ Import/Export.
Go to setup/general Date & Time tab. Click PC Synch. Turn off Synch with NTP for now. SAVE.
Go to setup/general/Auto-Maintain and set reboot, etc. as you want it.

If you have further problems, I suggest calling Amcrest Support at 888.212.7538.
Doing a factory default reset with the camera reset button and installing your camera again may help.
Robert_B_2

Post by Robert_B_2 »

Thanks for additional info Jack. I have followed your suggestion list. I am still in the dark about how these steps will prevent an unwanted restart. My laptop is never left on so there would be no communication between it and the camera when these random restarts occur.
Robert_B_2

Post by Robert_B_2 »

The camera is now resetting daily at random times. Very frustrated. I just don't think this is working correctly but have no idea of how to fix it. Guess I should try calling tech support.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Go to web ui and at set time&date, enable Synch with NTP, and save. See if that works.
Robert_B_2

Post by Robert_B_2 »

No good.
I have setup the camera as you suggest using IE with the web plugin instead of the Surveillance Pro program. I saved my config file to my laptop. Everything seems to work for awhile. Then at random, when I check the camera from my Android phone, the date shows 2000-01-01. When I get back home and access camera using laptop, the time automatically syncs with the current date and time. However, all other saved settings must be recovered from the saved config file on the laptop. I would think that the camera should have the desired config filed saved to it either internally or of the SD card. Without the desired config file, the camera settings are reset to some default that doesn't even include a date and time sync. I don't know where the default config is stored or how to changed it. Besides all that, the camera resetting randomly is a real problem. It should not do that.
Robert_B_2

Post by Robert_B_2 »

Now working with Amcrest Support to get this issue resolved.

Update: Amcrest issued me a return authorization for my camera. Reason: constant reboot.

Update (1/18/19): Amcrest sent me a replacement IP4M-1026 camera (refurbished unit). So far, no reboots.