CGI SDK no longer functioning on 17r?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Oendaril

CGI SDK no longer functioning on 17r?

Post by Oendaril »

Just updated to the 17r firmware today and did factory reset/setup to get it all back to normal again. NAS seems to be working fine, but now I cannot seem to hit any of the config sdk endpoints anymore. Is anyone else able to? I can still hit my dahua camera fine with the script i'm using, so I know it's not a change on that end.

Example of what i'm trying:

GET with basic auth to
http://<localip>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=Email

now returns 401 when using admin account. Also tried adding a new account with all permissions, still 401.
Gilley7997

Re: CGI SDK no longer functioning on 17r?

Post by Gilley7997 »

I am experiencing a similar issue and am wondering if you attempted the call directly from a browser. In my case, using the authorization string in the URL directly in a chrome browser works without issue, but calling a GET request from a perl script is failing with a 401 Error.

My Camera is a IP2M-841B and I was attempting some motion Control Scripts, the API calls work from a chrome browser with a string like this:
http://user:[email protected]/cgi-bin/ptz ... 2=1&arg3=0

But when using the same string in a HTTP Get Perl call I receive a 401 Error. Any Thoughts?

This was a brand new camera and Upgraded to the latest Firmware before attempting the scripting, so I don't know if this ever worked or not, but the fact that the camera is returning a 401 error seems to me that the call is being attempted and the script appears correct.
Gilley7997

Post by Gilley7997 »

Figured I would add this link to this as well as I did some additional digging on this and posted findings in a different forum, wondering if maybe you are seeing the same thing.

https://forums.zoneminder.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=25606

Basically what I saw in the WireShark Capture was the Basic Authentication appears to be processed as a Digest Authentication...at least that's my guess, hoping someone smarter than me can figure that out.
Oendaril

Post by Oendaril »

I was seeing the same responses as you were. Using POSTman to test, along with the lan-based requestor in SmartThings with regular basic auth yielded the digest responses. I was able to emulate the digest auth but it was just as flaky.
Gilley7997

Post by Gilley7997 »

So in other words, this is strictly looking like a firmware issue, from both our points of view. I have a ticket open with Amcrest that supposedly was sent to there R&D but there hasn't been any response from it since it was submitted.

Not the most impressive support. Anyone from Amcrest care to comment?
jamestx10

Post by jamestx10 »

I am seeing this as well. Would like it resolved.
IP2M-841
Gilley7997

Post by Gilley7997 »

I have had this case open with support since the day I found the issue. They have not yet responded with anything besides - here is the API Guide let me know if this helps. They do not seem to get that this is a software problem. Bumping this again maybe we can get some type of response.
codahq

Post by codahq »

I ran into this today as well after I updated my cameras. My homebrew security system is totally broken.

Please restore the ability to use Basic authentication or this camera and brand are dead to me and I'll take thousands of dollars of business with me.
brunswim

Post by brunswim »

Did you ever hear back about this ticket?
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello all,

We have reported the issue to the R&D team. We will get back to you with an update as soon as possible.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us