Can't change device name after firmware upgrade

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
pjm1

Re: Can't change device name after firmware upgrade

Post by pjm1 »

This happened to me to with my only POE camera. Amcrest allowed me to RMA it. I think that is the only fix currently available.
joec2000

Post by joec2000 »

Any updates on this issue? I shouldn't have to RMA a camera to change its host name.

Amcrest - if you're not going to support your own products, release the firmware source and let the community fix it! This is ridiculous!
joec2000

Post by joec2000 »

Since Amcrest clearly doesn't care to support this product any longer, I figured I'd give the stock Dahua firmware a try and it worked!

I can confirm the IP3M-954E is really a Dahua IPC-HFW1320S and the latest Dahua firmware 2.620.0000002.0.R, Build Date: 2017-08-30 does not have this host name saving issue. I haven't tried every single feature but everything I've tried appears to work fine. The Amcrest cloud feature will obviously be gone, but I suspect that is not relevant to most of you reading this post. You can download the firmware from Dahua's website:

http://pl.dahuasecurity.com/products/ip ... -5521.html

Be aware that by default, the Dahua firmware has the camera's IP set to 192.168.1.108 so you'll need to be on that network to access the camera after you do an update and a factory reset.

Problem solved... hopefully.

- Joe
wtf911

Post by wtf911 »

Amcrest still hasn't resolved this?!
robsquared

Post by robsquared »

Almost another year, and nothing. I had one of these cameras cause me an issue last year and support pretended like they'd never heard of it and tried troubleshooting it, asking me about my router settings (??). So I returned it and got a different model from Amazon.

I'm trying the support route again and asking for older firmware.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@robsquared Hello and Welcome to the Forum...

Sorry your having some problems with your camera.. Model # if your Camera?

So in the last year with your new Camera you have had the same issues?

So what kind of Issues are you having? I seem to have a lot maybe I ran into yours one time or another...

I can tell you that I have had some issues that was giving me some errors. Did a few things like Reset back to Factory and things like that but always setup the same way, same password and things like that come to find out one of my issues I changed Password went away... Then thought maybe it hadn't because it came back but you know I did some other things that I didn't think would cause it.. However now changing back to factory, Not using the Same password, and not changing the port # or Even forwarding the port even the camera has been rather stable..

Then like to test things... So I changed port # again not even port forwarding this time... Again started having the issue... Now back to normal and been a while no issue.

Also just had an issue no long ago where I was having playback errors even errors trying to log onto the camera. I was able to but gave an error. After a week of pulling my hair I found it was related to a Network Cable Not even one connected to the Camera. It was connected between my Router and Stitch. Funny thing is the cameras never lost touch with the DVR... So thought it was a camera issue.. Dvr is also after my Switch.. However the cameras, and dvr only work at 100m where my switch and computer and router all are 1000m.. Anyway long story short new cat6 cable between switch and router problem has gone away...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Hsilamot

Post by Hsilamot »

Just spent $300 USD on this camera because the IP2M-841W received a well received firmware update (FINALLY I CAN WATCH THE LIVE CAMERAS ON A NORMAL BROWSER WITHOUT INSTALLING A PLUGIN), but this one has an old a** s*** firmware, and i encounter this bug, i can't change the f***ng camera's name!!! and this is a problem that has been documented for whjat? over 2 or 3 years?? on a 300 USD Camera? Seriously??? amcrest??? we need your input amcrest