Can't change device name after firmware upgrade

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
tcpinspection

Re: Can't change device name after firmware upgrade

Post by tcpinspection »

I just re-upgraded again and it's the same deal. Right after I upgrade, I attempt to "Restore To Default Settings". After I click the button, I get an "Operation Failed!"

Ok, not sure what's up with that. So next I try to "Factory Reset".

After a "Factory Reset", my device name ends up being AMC009FW_0470ZX. When I try to change it and click "save", I get "Save Failed".

I don't think this is supposed to be that difficult, but it is. :( Extremely buggy.
TheGreyGhost

Post by TheGreyGhost »

Thank you tcpinspection for updating my post. You are correct and I'm experiencing the same issues, with the exception that I have the IP3M-943 with firmware 2.400.AC01.15.R, Build Date: 2017-03-28. Camera actually kept the name I had given it until I did the hard reset. After that, no joy.
kwohlstetter

Post by kwohlstetter »

Having the same issue with not being able to change the Camera name. Any fix in the works for this?
driz

Post by driz »

i also have this issue, but honestly it's the myriad of other issues I have since updating the firmware.. the "live" view stutters and then jumps now, NAS/FTP don't seem to work. When I run the ftp test, it fails but creates a test directory and file, but can't seem to actually record video anymore.

then there's this device name.. I would like a copy of the old firmware so I can roll back, I'm finished with this alpha test.
joec2000

Post by joec2000 »

I have (2) IP3M-954E cameras, one about 3 weeks old, the other brand new, both on the same firmware level (2.400.0001.15.R, Build Date: 2017-03-28).

I am able to change the device name on the 3 week old cam, but not the brand new (same "Save Failed" message).

Steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Unbox camera and plug in to PoE switch
2. Upgrade firmware to version above
3. Factory reset
4. Restore config backup from the other IP3M-954e to the one where "Save Failed" now occurs
5. Attempt to change device name (obviously, it should be different from the other IP3M-954E), receive "Save Failed" message
Peter_JS

Post by Peter_JS »

I have several IP4M-1025E and can confirm the same issue with being unable to save the the Device Name after firmware upgrade to

2.400.0001.15.R, Build Date: 2017-03-28

Can someone kindly point me to the previous firmware?

In addition I also observe some odd FTP server behavior: the cameras all seem to login in and out, several times a second. Filling up logs with rubbish :-(

Best regards
Peter
Peter_JS

Post by Peter_JS »

Answered my own question: bit of messing about on Amcrests amazon storage revealed:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/amcrest-files/ ... 170209.zip

I'll give this a whirl and see what issues get fixed by downgrading

Peter
Peter_JS

Post by Peter_JS »

Yep, can confirm downgrading to the above link fixes two issues that were bugging me:
1) stops filling my FTP and wtmp logs with millions of pointless logins
2) Allows me to set the "Device Name" field correctly.

Now if only I could get a firmware update for my IP2M-842E that would support NAS (NFS) and writing something other than this weird dav file format, I would be happy !!

Peter
joec2000

Post by joec2000 »

Amcrest - any idea when this issue will be fixed?
Peter_JS

Post by Peter_JS »

*Bump*

Amcrest - any answers?