camera goes offline constantly

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
skymax04

camera goes offline constantly

Post by skymax04 »

i have 2 outdoor cameras set up. one or both of the cameras constantly go offline in amcrest surveillance pro app but are still visible on live view on the cloud. after hours or days the cameras will eventually come back up on the pro app....any thoughts?
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: camera goes offline constantly

Post by Melvin »

Hello skymax04,

Not sure why this is happening. Either the cameras are dropping out from the network because low wifi signal or the computer might be an issue with the computer connecting to your Network.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

UhOhTech

Post by UhOhTech »

I have a very similar if not the same problem but my camera does not come back on-line. My camera is a IP2M-841B
Software Version2.420.AC00.15.R, build : 2016-09-08
WEB Version3.2.1.377299
ONVIF Version2.42
When I go into setup and query Network then click on P2P, it says it is "Offline". I uncheck the "Enable" and save the screen. Then I reboot the camera. Close out the software. Go back in and it is still "Offline". How do you get it to come back Online and stay there?
tonester

Post by tonester »

Melvin--not trying to be argumentative but...if the cameras were dropping off from the network due to low wifi signal, then how would the OP have been able to still view his cameras via Live View cloud?
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello tonester,

That is correct but it needs to be seen if the camera is providing a constant feed to Amcrest Cloud. Of it does it can be another issue may be with the software.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

skymax04

Post by skymax04 »

its definitely not a wifi issue..the camera that goes down the most is about 5 feet from the wifi router. the cameras are always up and can be seen on the cloud when they go offline on the amcrest pro app. please help to resolve this issue because its extremely frustrating.
lehyunsu

Post by lehyunsu »

I've been experiencing this issue from the very beginning as well, except I'm connected direct via ethernet through a 50mbps broadband cable plan that doesn't stutter. I have this problem with both the web app and Amcrest Surveillance Pro. If it isn't a connectivity issue, then what the heck is it?
CarrieDoyle

Post by CarrieDoyle »

Has this issue been resolved or has anyone figured out how to get the camera back online? I just set up one of my bullets today (IP3M-943) and while I can bring it online if I connect it to my WiFi via an Ethernet cable, as soon as I disconnect the cable, the camera goes offline, which means I can't yet set it up 12 feet off the ground on the corner of my house.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello CarrieDoyle,

It should work 12 ft off wifi without much problem. But sometimes because of the way wifi works, its hard for the signals to reach some areas.

We would like to take a look at your issue. Please give us a call if possible.

https://amcrest.com/contacts

gerbear85

Post by gerbear85 »

I have the same thing with my indoor 2 way amcrest camera (IP2M-841B). It’s been like this since I got it over a year ago and have lived in 2 different apartments in this time (2 different internet connections and 2 different routers in that time). It’s been the same thing in each. The iPhone app just randomly says it cannot connect to the camera. I updated the firmware on it recently but makes no difference. Currently have it connected via Ethernet, have also have had it connected via WiFi in the past both have the same thing happen i.e. app will try to load but not connect. I could try it some time later and it will connect or sometimes it won’t connect at all until I’m back home and restart it then it’s back online. It’s very unreliable and just hit or miss if you can check in on the camera or not.