Browser plugins don't work?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
BerythaBeasley

Re: Browser plugins don't work?

Post by BerythaBeasley »

Why is it when I click on the IP Config web plug in I get a link to Google Chrome ?
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... gikpedpilc It also does not work?
twilock

Re: Browser plugins don't work? THIS WORKED FOR ME.

Post by twilock »

This is what I tried and it worked for me. I have windows 10 and all the updated browsers will NOT work. I loaded an older version of the browser PALE MOON, you can find it here https://www.palemoon.org/archived.shtml
In the middle of the page there is an FTP link (click on the link). It will take you to a list of old versions of the browser.
I used 7.x . Clicked on the installer file from 7/31/15 and installed just fine. Opened the pale moon browser and put the user name and password and works just fine.
j3rm

Post by j3rm »

Having to download another browser to make it work is really an unacceptable solution. If Amcrest is not updating their browser plugins, or their firmware, then maybe we all should reconsider who we buy camera equipment from.

Its not that hard for them to publish an update on their website.

Software based solutions are ever changing and vendors who don't keep up wont be around long as customer satisfaction drops.

Maybe its time we update our amazon reviews.
Crestcamcustomer

Post by Crestcamcustomer »

Before we light the pitch forks and take to Amazon. I found the software! I think were just trained to go to Google and not to the source. The link below is the software to view amcrest cam from PC. There is also a mac link plus the usual mobile apps.

https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ca ... -Downloads

Had a run around for a long time myself.
EJP

Post by EJP »

GEE... Seven pages of complaints spanning a two year period, and you guys haven't done JACK S**T! Boy, you're really into customer satisfaction, aren't ya?!
Poodlehead

Post by Poodlehead »

I'm glad I only bought a pair of cameras before finding out how bad the lack of software/firmware support is for not being able to use the features as advertised.

They sure are willing to sell you more cameras at a special price, but I won't spend another dime on their product if it doesn't improve.
hennesseystealth

Post by hennesseystealth »

I was only able to get past the demand to install the plugin when using Internet Explorer. I was able to setup the device, but when hitting the eye icon the next screen is all hosed over. The central viewing pane overlaps the control pane and nothing is ever displayed in Live View. Complete junk.

I tried Surveillance Pro and could get that to display a Live View, but the PC-NVR function doesn't seem to work. The Remote Device selection on the left nav bar is grayed out and that is the first step in setting up the record function. So, half junk.
jdhuskey

Post by jdhuskey »

I'm totally pissed. I had no reason to think that I was going to lose access to live view or playback for my cameras via Safari browser on Mac. If other browsers stopped support for NPAPI plug-ins 2 and 3 years ago, there is no excuse for Amcrest and others (Foscam included) to have failed to provide either a no-plug-in option or a modern plug-in. This is completely unacceptable and I feel like an idiot for purchasing 4 more of these cameras only to find out when trying to configure them that the ones I've been viewing with the app on iPad are no longer accessible as well. FIX YOUR DAMN SOFTWARE. I'M GOING TO BAD-MOUTH THESE CAMERAS TO HELL AND BACK ON AMAZON. 3 YEARS WAITING FOR A SOLUTION IS BEYOND RIDICULOUS. SUPPORT YOUR DAMN CAMERAS! YOUR CAMERAS SHOULD AT LEAST WORK ON IE/EDGE, SAFARI, FIREFOX, AND CHROME.
jdhuskey

Post by jdhuskey »

Oh, and I refuse to install crap browsers just to use your cameras. If there isn't a solution soon, I'm going to make a lot of noise on Amazon. I want Safari support on macOS Mojave. I also refuse to install Google products because they lie and steal personal data even when they say they are complying with privacy restrictions. There will be no Chrome on my Mac. I have 9 IP2M-841 and IP3M-941 cameras.
mod65537

Post by mod65537 »

This is great, only it still does not work on a Mac.
IP config only shows real time videos, no playback. I cannot believe that they still rely on flash to run their stuff. Smartclient is quite stupid and does not find any of the 12 cameras that I have.

it's not like every single browser out there dropped flash out of the blue. It's been known for years.

I spent close to 1k to have a top notch security system. One problem I cannot access my playback since they POS software still replies on flash.

So amazon, here we come.
Crestcamcustomer wrote:Before we light the pitch forks and take to Amazon. I found the software! I think were just trained to go to Google and not to the source. The link below is the software to view amcrest cam from PC. There is also a mac link plus the usual mobile apps.

https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ca ... -Downloads

Had a run around for a long time myself.