Browser plugins don't work?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
dingus

Re: Browser plugins don't work?

Post by dingus »

Firstly - Melvin, thankyou for your replies on this forum. You must have really drawn the shortest straw having to deal with this.

Secondly - here's hoping that Amcrest can write a browser plugin that works with browsers being used in 2017.
Epsilon Experience

Post by Epsilon Experience »

Hello !

I recommand this plugin for chrome :
https://www.videoexpertsgroup.com/vxg-chrome-plugin/

Regards,
Florent Steiner
bigdredred

Post by bigdredred »

I've decided not to stress on this. I will set it up through my browser (Firefox) get it on the network, configure and then do my viewing through the app. Whenever, Amcrest comes out with a fix, I may apply it. Sloppy on their part though - they would have known this was coming for years.
sindyciaray

Post by sindyciaray »

Just use the web to play with the configuration
ron75077

Post by ron75077 »

Hi,

I need help getting a plugin working on safari. Is there a document / website that outlines how to get a plugin working on safari?
ron75077

Post by ron75077 »

Use the npmedia plugin (V1.0). I eventually found it on the Dahua Technology site.
woodchuck

Post by woodchuck »

What is the best software to use to view with Windows 7 and Windows 10? I have not been able to get the plugin to work with Chrome or Firefox.
awebber

Post by awebber »

Have you tried IE? (doesn't this feel like the 90s again?). It's working for me with IE.

Well, Live is. Playback is not showing any MD recordings though there should be lots. I was able to get MD recordings on Amcrestcloud.com for about 20min after deleting the IPM-721 cameras from AC, power cycling, adding them back (don't recall order). Then they stopped again. I assume there's no fix for this as I seem to be going round in circles with support (who are fairly responsive and have some good suggestions, but I always end up back at not getting recordings).

=aw
oliviawilliams

Post by oliviawilliams »

Hello, everyone, my chrome plugin does work can you plz help me?
markplewis

Post by markplewis »

I am using Firefox ESR 52.1.2 (32-bit) on a Win10 machine. Because it's an old browser, I use it only for configuring and viewing (both live and playback) video on my Amcrest cameras. You have to turn off auto-update or it will update itself to a new version and you will lose the ability to load the plug-in. Yes, the plug-in that Amcrest STILL makes us use but shouldn't be necessary since this is freaking 2017. Right, Amcrest?