Browser plugins don't work?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: Browser plugins don't work?

Post by Melvin »

Hello smelton328 ,

Please give us a call on 1-888-212-7538. This will help us remotely login to your system and troubleshoot if that is fine with you.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

John94si

Post by John94si »

Does your login ip change?
like 192.168.1.108 then another day it is 192.168.1.112. If so you need to adjust the IE plugin to allow ALL IP's.
2017-06-07_17-45-28.jpg
2017-06-07_17-45-28.jpg (105.41 KiB) Viewed 6154 times
pparker900

Post by pparker900 »

I have an NVR4108E and 4 cameras. Chrome, IE11, Edge... no image with any of them. I can control the cameras, configure them, but no image. Chrome continues to request plugin's, which are subsequently downloaded and presumably installed (shows up under the Chrome Apps buttons, along with NACL Plugin, Easy Viewer, Amcrest Webview Pro, etc. None of the App's show an image.

What can I do different to get this to work?
pparker900

Post by pparker900 »

I've now tried, IE-11, FireFox 54.0.1 (32b), Chrome and Edge... always the same errors. Either "this plugin is not supported" from the Chrome NACL web plugin or "install plugin first" from the Easy Viewer and Amcrest Web View - and all fail because the webplugin.exe file is considered dangerous by Norton antivirus and when looking it up on the web - same thing... unsafe.

So, I have 4 cameras and a brand new NVR4108 which I can return and provide a story to Amazon with 0-stars, or we can figure out how to fix this... I've burned 20 hours searching the web, trying advised patches - including the about:config process for Mozilla - doesn't work. There aren't many people out there who have found a true plug-n-play solution either... very worrisome.

My goal is to simply be able to remotely access my NVR4108 and manage the camera's though that device. This will be a remote setup, and if I can't get it working over the next week, i will have to return the entire setup.

Does anyone have any advice on how to make this small system work, other than to advise me to go to another vendor?

Best regards, Pat
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello Pat,

Could you please give u a call on 1-888-212-7538?
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

srixon

Post by srixon »

I was having the same issues in Chrome, Firefox and IE. I was able to get it working in IE by doing the following:
1. Open IE (I'm currently using 11) and navigate to Tools -> Compatibility View Settings
2. Add the LAN and WAN IP address of your Amcrest unit.

When you enter the IP of your unit in IE, it should now launch in compatibility mode. I had several Active X processes popup in the bottom of the browser and I clicked 'Allow'.

After all this I was successfully able to login.

Hope this helps!
Heather88

Post by Heather88 »

WolfLead6 wrote:
Albert wrote:Hi there,
We recommend the Internet Explorer or the Mozilla Firefox for a windows computer. The plugins are not compatible with Edge browser yet. But it will work with Google Chrome browser if you install the Amcrest Web View app for Google Chrome. You can get it from here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... einkbnheih
After installing Web View open the app and enter the IP address of the camera to address bar. It will definitely work.
For mobile devices like iPhone or iPad please use our official application Amcrest View Pro/Lite.

Will definitely NOT work with latest FireFox. Installed the webplugin and it still will not open the live view. The "Please click here to download and install the plug-in." box never goes away. So far have been only able to get it to work in IE.

Yeah... I can't get any browser to work, it just keeps asking me to download and install... I've probably installed 10 dozen times. I shouldn't have to try 12 different browsers to make it work.... or not work. I've been working on getting my cameras set up for 2 months with no avail. I know they aren't broken or lemons because I had them set up at my old house before we moved. I re-set everything since we're on a new wifi.... nothing is working. nothing.
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

The web plugins for both Chrome and IE work very well for me in fact I've set my camera's IP as the home page for IE and dropped a link to IE into my Windows startup folder together with all the other things I have opening automatically when my PC boots. The only thing I can't automate now entering my password.

It works reliably now I've switched to a fixed IP on my network. Previously I was finding that the camera had got a different IP every few days.

p.s. - I gave up on WiFi some time ago and bought a 30 metre ethernet cable which works fine.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
gachogavacho

Post by gachogavacho »

Melvin wrote:Hello smelton328 ,

Please give us a call on 1-888-212-7538. This will help us remotely login to your system and troubleshoot if that is fine with you.
This response is the only response you guys have for these problems all over the forum. Why is it so hard to follow up on these questions and actually post a fix? It's frustrating!

I'm experiencing the same warnings to install a plugin that I've installed already on 3 different computers, two of which are dual boot mac/windows. Chrome does not work on any. Only Safari has worked for me so far.

I just got off the phone with someone who said the Chrome browser is not working. He said the only browsers their plugins work for as of today, August17th, 2017 is Internet Explorer (not edge) and Safari for Mac. Not Chrome browser, the worlds most popular browser that is used by over 60% of people worldwide? This is a fail on the "reliable" portion of Amcrest's Slogan, as well as the "Simple" part. I like your products, but this is ridiculous.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello gachogavacho,

We do try to answer all direct questions in the forum. Certain issues will need more probing and a call would be ideal. Our remote session are helpful for less tech savy people.

Currently only safari in MAC and IE in Windows are fully supported. We also have the Amcrest Surveillance Pro software. With Firefox on Windows it used to work with a workaround posted on another thread but with the latest update of Firefox it stopped working as well. We are now looking for a permanent solution for the issue.