Basic HTTP Auth Not Working After Firmware Update 17.R for IP2M-841E

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
anortiz08

Basic HTTP Auth Not Working After Firmware Update 17.R for IP2M-841E

Post by anortiz08 »

Basic HTTP authentication no longer working on IP2M-841E after firmware update V2.420.AC00.17.R. I noticed that the IP2M-841 non-POE cameras have a more recent firmware release. Can anyone confirm whether this bug was resolved in the 18.R release and if it will be released for the POE model?
Gilley7997

Re: Basic HTTP Auth Not Working After Firmware Update 17.R for IP2M-841E

Post by Gilley7997 »

I had a support ticket open with this, and have wirecaptures done and posted in this Forum. They closed my support case after the last firmware upgrade in March and never resolved the issue. They only thing they did was repeatedly send me new versions of the API documentation.

That is not the problem. The problem is the API implementation, but Support is little to no help, and they would not let me work with a developer on this issue at all, and I never once got a single response for more technical analysis, which I would have gladly provided. They never even once confirmed even after repeated asking that they could replicate the issue or if anyone has even looked at it. This has been broken for me in trying to use this Camera with some motnitoring software since basically the day I received and and Support has been worthless.
anortiz08

Post by anortiz08 »

Gilley7997 wrote:I had a support ticket open with this, and have wirecaptures done and posted in this Forum. They closed my support case after the last firmware upgrade in March and never resolved the issue. They only thing they did was repeatedly send me new versions of the API documentation.

That is not the problem. The problem is the API implementation, but Support is little to no help, and they would not let me work with a developer on this issue at all, and I never once got a single response for more technical analysis, which I would have gladly provided. They never even once confirmed even after repeated asking that they could replicate the issue or if anyone has even looked at it. This has been broken for me in trying to use this Camera with some monitoring software since basically the day I received and and Support has been worthless.
Thank you for your response. I opened a case on 06/18/2017 and was sent an updated firmware package (Amcrest_IPC-AWXX-V2_Eng_N_V2.420.AC00.18.R.20170521.bin) and after completing the upgrade and a factory reset, the issue is still unresolved. The most recent update I received from support on 06/26/2017 stated that the case is now being sent to the R&D team for further investigation. I will update this post once I hear back.
anortiz08

Post by anortiz08 »

Thank you for your response. I opened a case on 06/18/2017 and was sent an updated firmware package (Amcrest_IPC-AWXX-V2_Eng_N_V2.420.AC00.18.R.20170521.bin) and after completing the upgrade and a factory reset, the issue is still unresolved. The most recent update I received from support on 06/26/2017 stated that the case is now being sent to the R&D team for further investigation. I will update this post once I hear back.
Gilley7997

Post by Gilley7997 »

anortiz08 wrote:Thank you for your response. I opened a case on 06/18/2017 and was sent an updated firmware package (Amcrest_IPC-AWXX-V2_Eng_N_V2.420.AC00.18.R.20170521.bin) and after completing the upgrade and a factory reset, the issue is still unresolved. The most recent update I received from support on 06/26/2017 stated that the case is now being sent to the R&D team for further investigation. I will update this post once I hear back.
I wouldn't hold your breath, that is the exact same response they gave me, and then they did nothing but send me API documentation updates, when it was clearly a software problem. There is another larger thread on this if you would like to follow that as well.

https://amcrest.com/forum/technical-dis ... t2401.html
jjreynolds

Post by jjreynolds »

I thought I read they no longer support basic auth anymore for security reasons, only digest auth. Apparently "R&D" never told support yet. Didn't someone here test this with their browser and wireshark?
jantman

Post by jantman »

The IP2M-841B that I got last week from Amazon has 18.R on it (as it came out of the box) and definitely only supports Digest, not Basic.

Short of pulling the guts out of it and looking for a JTAG or other way to get into the board itself, I don't think there's anything we can do short of hoping a future release can make this an option. There doesn't seem to be anything in the config backup related to it.
Principal Engineer, Tooling & Automation. Formerly, Wireless & Network Systems Engineer (among many other things).
Doing all sorts of crazy things to anything with an IP address.
http://www.jasonantman.com / http://github.com/jantman
jvaleski

Post by jvaleski »

neither BASIC or DIGEST are working for me.