Anyone with experience with Netgear routers and IP3M-943 cameras?

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
hennesseystealth

Anyone with experience with Netgear routers and IP3M-943 cameras?

Post by hennesseystealth »

Initially I thought I had a defective camera as it connected to my network via WiFi for a couple days but then dropped off. None of the techniques (iPhone app WiFi and Ethernet, Web UI Ethernet) to connect the camera via WiFi worked. So, Amcrest told me to get a new camera, which Amazon handled without issue.

Unfortunately, the new camera won't connect to my WiFi signal either. The signal strength is solid at the camera with my iPhone showing about 40Mbps download and 6Mbps upload speeds. The camera works fine if I run 30' of CAT6 to my Netgear EX7000. The main router is an R6900 (Costco version of the R7000) and it has a hard connection to a Surfboard cable modem.

I am thinking at this point that there is a network issue that is firewall related. I am not an expert on the firewall on the EX7000 and was hoping someone here might have some suggestions on possible next steps. I really like the image quality and night vision for a such a reasonably priced camera...plus I figured out how to get the Web UI working and how to access the free Cloud storage, something others have had issues with.
JStateson

Re: Anyone with experience with Netgear routers and IP3M-943 cameras?

Post by JStateson »

Your iPhone may be on 5ghz but the camera can only be on 2.4 which does not make for a good signal comparison. There is a lot more interference at 2.4 than 5 IMHO. 5gh works best at my location but you might disable 5ghz to force iPhone to 2.4
There is a discussion about wifi problems at netgear here and I described a similar problem here

If you got everything on 2.4 already then you might try a larger antenna on the camera. I put a bigger antenna on one of my Amcrest but had problems with birds sitting on it.
hennesseystealth

My iPhone was connected to the 2.4GHz channel (separate SSIDs). Since I had a solid signal with the first camera for a few days and was able to easily run in the 2K mode, I don't think it is an antenna issue. I suspect that the EX7000 is blocking the connection. I'll check out your links and I also have a question in on the Netgear forum.
hennesseystealth

Turns out that the latest firmware upgrade on the EX7000 has a chance of messing up connections from some devices. After using the factory reset (paperclip), the camera appeared in the IP Config program and Web UI. I love it when folks don't fully test their upgrades before dumping them on the public.