Amcrest View and chrome

Have some questions or having issues with Amcrest View Pro, Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
fletcherbravo

Amcrest View and chrome

Post by fletcherbravo »

I've seen various posts where users haven't been able to use google chrome to view their cameras remotely.

I have today managed to get this to work.

Here's a link for an IE tab plugin, make sure this is installed:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... nadd?hl=en

Open a new tab with using the IE plugin and then go to the Amcrest view webpage and login.

Also make sure you disable the pop ups for the Amcrest view webpage.

I hope this work for you too
piter

Re: Amcrest View and chrome

Post by piter »

... firefox plugin please!
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hi piter,
At present plugins are not working in firefox, Use internet explorer for windows and safari for mac OS.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Techie007

Post by Techie007 »

@Melvin, any news on the HTML5 compatible firmware that would do away with the need for plugins?
seraniz

Post by seraniz »

fletcherbravo wrote:I've seen various posts where users haven't been able to use google chrome to view their cameras remotely.

I have today managed to get this to work.

Here's a link for an IE tab plugin, make sure this is installed:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... nadd?hl=en

Open a new tab with using the IE plugin and then go to the Amcrest view webpage and login.

Also make sure you disable the pop ups for the Amcrest view webpage.

I hope this work for you too
... opera plugin please!
maxbraketorque

Post by maxbraketorque »

The lack of a viable means to configure cameras is a joke. Safari doesn't work. Firefox doesn't work. IE doesn't work. The Chrome plugin used to work ok, but now its problematic for adjusting the motion detection region. The IE Tab app in Chrome looks like security risk. I bought my IP3M-943 two years ago. Not buying another Amcrest cam until a modern means to configure cameras is released.
Topperdog

Post by Topperdog »

Another problem is the region selection in the phone app for setting motion detection is different than all the other 4 places you set the region triggers. Set a region in web GUI, then look at the region on your phone app. It is in a different place. Center screen on phone app results in upper center on pro surveillance or web GUI. The resolutions between the various apps used to configure cameras are all different and regions won’t be where you think.
Topperdog

Post by Topperdog »

Safari plugin doesn’t work anymore because Apple block these now. If Amcrest don’t release the plugin through the Apple extensions, it won’t work. Was told this by Amcrest. Happened with Safari 12 roll out.