"No Recording" Error Message

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Lindsay

"No Recording" Error Message

Post by Lindsay »

Hello,

A few weeks ago I installed two wireless PTZ IP cameras (IP2M-841) with 64gb SD cards, formatted online. Using the Amcrest View Pro App, I was able to get motion triggers and view clips of the recordings. I had updated to the latest firmware on both cameras and made various changes using the online interface.

Excited that the cameras worked so well and were easy to install, I then decided to get a third wireless camera (IPM-HX1), this one a simple one that doesn't have PTZ. It was just as easy to setup and I thought everything was fine, but I can no longer view recordings on any of my cameras. I still get motion notifications for all my cameras, but when I try to view the video, it says "no recording". This happens when I change it to photos as well, "no recording".

I tried changing my wireless network back to broadcasting (instead of hidden). I tried rebooting the cameras. I tried restoring one camera back to factory default settings. I tried removing and replacing the SD card. I downloaded and installed the latest firmware (again). I tried uninstalling the app and adding all the cameras again. I installed the app on a different hardware. No luck.

All cameras detect motion perfectly, but nothing is recorded for each event. I'm stumped. I tried contacting Amcrest support directly, but they directed me to call their phone support, but they're closed by the time I'm home from work.

Please help, thank you!
Lindsay
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: "No Recording" Error Message

Post by Melvin »

Hello Lindsay,

Are you getting the No recording message from the web interface on the PC or only smartphone app? Is this when you click on push notification or when you go to playback?

Ensure that the cameras time have been synced to PC, as the recent day light saving changes might have caused some issues.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Lindsay

Post by Lindsay »

Melvin wrote:Hello Lindsay,

Are you getting the No recording message from the web interface on the PC or only smartphone app? Is this when you click on push notification or when you go to playback?

Ensure that the cameras time have been synced to PC, as the recent day light saving changes might have caused some issues.
Hi Melvin -

I'm getting the "No Recording" message on the Amcrest View Pro App (Android version). Yes, it happens when I click on the push notification or try to view the events from the Event List. I can go to Playback to manually view the recording, but that doesn't always have the recording there either. It was working perfectly previously.

I've tried to use the web interface to see if I could see the recordings there, but although I get notification of the events via the alarm, I don't know how to view them, other than going to Playback.

I did update all of the cameras times to my PC via the web interface. It seems like these issues happened as soon as I installed the third camera, which was after daylights saving time on the 13th. I didn't have an SD card in that camera immediately when I installed it (it was shipped a few days later), but I don't know how that could cause an issue with the other cameras.

Thanks,
Lindsay
Lindsay

Post by Lindsay »

Can anyone help?
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello Lindsay ,

From the web interface of the camera from PC go to set up > System > general > Date and time and change the camera date & time format to year-month-Day and Time format to 24 Hour Standard. Then reboot the cam and try again.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

manhattanbodega

Post by manhattanbodega »

I am also having that issue with my cameras. It always says no recording. I called in for help and the guy couldn't fix the problem. I have already reset them and changed the time on them and it still doesn't help.
Lindsay

Post by Lindsay »

Melvin wrote:Hello Lindsay ,

From the web interface of the camera from PC go to set up > System > general > Date and time and change the camera date & time format to year-month-Day and Time format to 24 Hour Standard. Then reboot the cam and try again.
I think it's working! I'll test it tomorrow to see if it continues to. Thank you!
Lindsay

Post by Lindsay »

manhattanbodega wrote:I am also having that issue with my cameras. It always says no recording. I called in for help and the guy couldn't fix the problem. I have already reset them and changed the time on them and it still doesn't help.
I set all the date and time setting to default, saved, and rebooted the cameras. I think it's fixed, but won't know more until I try again tomorrow.

What I want to know now is why picking a 12-hour time messes with the recording??
Lindsay

Post by Lindsay »

Hello again - So I've been working with the semi-solution for almost a week. I still sometimes get the "No Recording" message on the video, but I can view the photos. When I click the motion alert, it takes me to the video which says "No Recording", I then click on the photos and it says "Connecting..." and eventually shows me a slide show of photos from the motion event. When I then click back on the video, I get a different error message, "Insignificant Privileges". Can anyone provide help?
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello,

Under the push notification settings, is the push type set to Video?