"No Recording" Error Message

Have some questions or having issues with your IP Camera(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
scoutermac

Re: "No Recording" Error Message

Post by scoutermac »

I have had my camera set to 12 hour and the Amcrest Pro app has been working fine. Tonight though I found my camera stopped recording to the Amcrest Cloud. I connected to the camera with both the Amcrest View Pro App and the Amcrest Surveillance Pro app to see if the camera was still recording. There was no video recording during the time when the camera stopped uploading to the Amcreset Cloud. This is the first time I have seen this. Even though the camera setting is set to overwrite the storage the app shows that the storage is full and the camera is in sleep mode. I have never seen this before but I have attached a picture. BTW the camera is a ip4m-1026w. I rebooted the camera using the Amcrest Surveillance Pro App and the camera began recording again. What would cause the camera to go into a "sleep" status? The camera should never go into a sleep status.
Attachments
After Reboot - Active Status
After Reboot - Active Status
Screenshot_20180411-223048.png (53.25 KiB) Viewed 1853 times
Prior to reboot - Sleep Status
Prior to reboot - Sleep Status
Screenshot_20180411-220801.png (52.93 KiB) Viewed 1853 times
jakolson

Post by jakolson »

Had this issue for over a year since a firmware update. Posted on it in multiple threads and they have never fixed it. You click on a motion event in the "event list" and instead of taking you to the video it only says no recording or insufficient privileges. One thought I have had is that the event says channel 1.. So it is looking for the video on channel 1, even though the default video for the camera is channel 01... (I remember seeing it somewhere)... It used to work when I first got the cameras... It really is disappointing as a primary reason for the motion push notifications is to be able to click and see what the event was without having to manually go back and find the time in playback... Almost makes push notifications useless.
----------------
3- IPM-HX1B
1- IP3M-943S
1- IP3M-941W
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello,

For IP cameras ensure the following settings are set in the web interface.

Setup > System > General > date & time format should be year-month-Day
Time format should be 24 Hour Standard.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

plusfour

Post by plusfour »

I've got the same problem, everything works as expected (emailed alerts, direct NVR access to recordings, etc), however whenever I use the Amcrest View Pro app there's no recordings indicated, and selecting the camera I want to view the recording from I get "No recording". It's only the Amcrest View Pro app that has this problem, going direct to the NVR web interface everything works fine.

I'm not sure if this one is 100% identical to what others are reporting since I'm getting this problem with the NVR, not the cameras. If it's a different issue I'll start a new thread.
bhc

Post by bhc »

I'm having the same problem with my IP3M-956. It happened recently after the time change. I have resync'ed the time with the PC, made sure the date format is still year-month-day and time is in 24 hour format. I rebooted the camera several times and even re-formatted the SD card. None of them fixed the problem. I can still view live. I hate to have to reset the camera because it is mounted up high on the ceiling. Any other ideas I can try?
jack7

Post by jack7 »

bhc wrote:... I hate to have to reset the camera because it is mounted up high on the ceiling. Any other ideas I can try?
Go to settings/system/default settings and restore default settings. Options there can be different depending on camera. Then you may not have to use the camera reset button.
Also look into using Import/Export to save and restore settings if ever needed.
bhc

Post by bhc »

I checked the Push Type in Configuration and it is set to Video. I also tried to set it to Live and Image and back to Video hoping that it would somehow work, but that did not help. I also tried Jack7's suggestion setting system to the default settings in IE Web View but I kept getting the error "Operation failed". I tried the same thing in Chrome and got the same error message. So I clicked the button "Restore to Factory Settings" but it did not fix the problem either. Yesterday I also unplugged the power adapter for several minutes but this did not help. This weekend I will have to get on a ladder, open the dome and press the reset button inside the camera as the last resort. This will be the second time I have to do this. The last time I lost connection to the camera all of a sudden. There seems to be a problem with this camera. I checked Amcrest Support website and there is no new firmware for this camera.
bhc

Post by bhc »

I found out the SD card was bad. When I reformatted the card in IE Web View, it said the format was successful, but it was not really successful because existing video clips were not deleted.
nitrocharger

Post by nitrocharger »

Has there been any resolution to this? I get the app push notification but there is just a blank screen and no picture. I've tried everything listed below and I'm getting pretty close to just packing this back into the box and sending back to Amazon.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I had this issue when connected to Wifi. However I connected to Network Eth0 port and now I get all the Images. Every once in a short while I will get 1 or 2 images. I have set mine to 5 and get all 5 with out issue.

I then changed out my Router to a better higher speed router and I get most of the images it still isn't as good when the system is connected to the Eth0 Port. However I then moved all my cameras to a Router of their own and get about same results as when connected to Eth0 where most times I will get all images every now and again I will get 1 or 2 but most times 5. Found out that when someone was streaming netflix and playing a Few RpG games over my network it was slowing down the ability to transfer the images. It was like a Traffic Jam. Now all traffic Jams can happen past the Router the Camera live on.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe