To be Able to Set Static IP

Have a Smart Feature idea/Request Post them here.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

To be Able to Set Static IP

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and I think it is great Camera so far...

There are somethings that I am working out... One Looks like needs to be added from Software... *The Ability To Set Static IP Address* Please add this. It will make it easier for the systems that are setup to Record them to keep track of them better...

Have it set to my NVR Amcrest 4108 and every time I take away power the IP changes from 19 to 20 and back to 19.. So after turning it back on because I moved it or plugged in a MSD or for what ever reason IP changes.. If had Static ability then no more issue...

Thank you
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jack7

Re: To be Able to Set Static IP

Post by jack7 »

You should be able to set up DHCP address reservation in your router to always use a specific IP address for your camera MAC address.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes Thanks I have after my second power off of the camera.. Sadly I have a Multi Router Setup and would much rather have the ability to set Static in my camera with all the other Cameras own by Amcrest besides the AD110 and the ASH12 and I understand they are Smart Home Product but feel if they are going to be ONVIF then the Feature of Static should be included....
Be Safe
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

i also have a multiple router setup and i find it a lot easier to manage ip assignments though the router dhcp reservation. one can either putty or ssh into the router and load lan configurations much faster than going through each camera to assign static ip addresses. besides, smart home devices are not onvif compliant.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well what I was told to be honest most of the Amcrest cameras are not Onvif normal... The good news for me is that under most of my cameras or I should say most of my IP cameras some dating back to 2012 are able to connect to my Amcrest NVR's.. So while they might be ONVIF strange or not Compliant as put they still work for all the cameras that have the ability to connect on a ONVIF system...
Be Safe