Remote Download of MicroSD Files

Have a Smart Feature idea/Request Post them here.
techtitan3d

Remote Download of MicroSD Files

Post by techtitan3d »

I'm shocked this is not a feature requests.
I have a camera that is 630 miles from me and while it does cloud records, those recordings are low res compared to the file on microsd. You are already streaming that file over the network every time I click on it so why not just let me grab the file. That way I don't have to stream the same file 5 times when looking over something.

Then when I'm away from home the same can happen. I could download a microsd file from my home cameras.

Being able to download a file from my camera from my microsd card remotely should be a default feature in my opinion. I know they want to push cloud purchases but 12 seconds with 7 minute cool down is not enough.
Jmelcher

Re: Remote Download of MicroSD Files

Post by Jmelcher »

I agree with your reasoning. I’ve just started using this app, and was surprised at not having the option to download from the sd card while still in the camera. Removing the card reading it then replacing it in the camera is quite a hassle.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I am not sure what Devices your working with.. Right now most Smart Home devices are offline server outage.. However the AD110 after the 701 update I think it was has the ability to DL the files.. Just can't delete them after the fact..

If your working in something else I am sure that will come as a Feature soon....
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
techtitan3d

Post by techtitan3d »

I have a door bell cam and a 4-megapixel wi-fi bullet cam.

The door bell cam is local and records to my NVR so I don't care.

The 4mp wifi bullet cam that is tied to Amcrest smart home is the one with a microSD card that I would like to remotely get files from the SD card. You can only get those files from the SD card via the app if you are on the same wifi network. At least you don't have to remove the sd card but I think you should be able to remotely download your files.

You can only download from the cloud but because it has a 7 minute cool down unless you pay even more...you miss a lot that is caught on the microsd card recordings.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Using Amcrest Home app on a remote phone, you can download a SD card video file on a Smart Home camera. I've done it.
Click the arrow icon at the bottom of the page where you can replay a camera SD card video file. You didn't say what camera model you use but make sure you use the current camera firmware and app.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

jack7 wrote: Using Amcrest Home app on a remote phone, you can download a SD card video file on a Smart Home camera. I've done it.
Click the arrow icon at the bottom of the page where you can replay a camera SD card video file. You didn't say what camera model you use but make sure you use the current camera firmware and app.
Sorry, I just tried this again and it does not work now remotely. You are right.
jack7

Re: Remote Download of MicroSD Files (NEW METHOD)

Post by jack7 »

UPDATE to my previous post:

OK, I tried again. This method just worked for me using Amcrest View Pro app on my android phone with a remote Smart Home ASH21 camera. You would need to test the Smart Home camera model you have.

Connect camera to View Pro app using P2P(serial#) method. Then use these instructions:
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... t-View-Pro
Add this to step 8 of the instructions:
Click the "arrow in box" icon in upper right corner to select a video file as shown in step 9.