AD410 - Option to Disable Bell Chime at Doorbell

Have a Smart Feature idea/Request Post them here.
mmikelas

AD410 - Option to Disable Bell Chime at Doorbell

Post by mmikelas »

Installed my new AD410... so far so good.

My feature request per above subject is due to the fact that my mechanical chime is literally on the other side of the wall from the doorbell... so a doorbell press creates two chime events (and with a delay between the two) - one from the doorbell speaker and the other from the mechanical chime.

You can clearly hear the mechanical chime when you press the doorbell button so no need to have the doorbell itself chime as well... (wife and UPS guy already making comments...)

Would hope this is a rather small inclusion in a forthcoming firmware update.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD410 - Option to Disable Bell Chime at Doorbell

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

So I personally have not tried it but I am going to guess that the Siren Volume is also the Bell on the camera. Personally I don't like the Siren don't sound good enough to make anyone run off in my mind.. Anyway in the AD110 there are 2 options just like there is with the AD410 only difference is the AD410 calls the first one Siren and on the AD110 it is called Doorbell chime Volume I have mine off on my Ad110 Again I have not changed the Ad410 but if you bring up the Doorbell click on the COG top right, then scroll down to the Doorbell Tone and Volume and lower that down to the Mute or almost mute (Siren Volume one) that outside sound will not be present and sure setting off the Siren from then on won't be heard either but it is an option...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jammin

Post by jammin »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:21 pmSo I personally have not tried it but I am going to guess that the Siren Volume is also the Bell on the camera. Personally I don't like the Siren don't sound good enough to make anyone run off in my mind.. Anyway in the AD110 there are 2 options just like there is with the AD410 only difference is the AD410 calls the first one Siren and on the AD110 it is called Doorbell chime Volume I have mine off on my Ad110 Again I have not changed the Ad410 but if you bring up the Doorbell click on the COG top right, then scroll down to the Doorbell Tone and Volume and lower that down to the Mute or almost mute (Siren Volume one) that outside sound will not be present and sure setting off the Siren from then on won't be heard either but it is an option...
Sadly this doesn't appear to be the case. I have an AD410 too, and have set the "Siren" sound level to Mute. The doorbell sound still fires.

But! It seems they got the settings confused, as if you set the "speaker volume" to mute, it does mute the chime sound. However it also mutes the speaker during calls, which kinda defeats the purpose of having a video doorbell!

I've raised a support ticket about this, but just thought I'd check with the community to see if anyone else has notice this and found a way around it?
creeve4

Post by creeve4 »

jammin wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:56 am Sadly this doesn't appear to be the case. I have an AD410 too, and have set the "Siren" sound level to Mute. The doorbell sound still fires.

But! It seems they got the settings confused, as if you set the "speaker volume" to mute, it does mute the chime sound. However it also mutes the speaker during calls, which kinda defeats the purpose of having a video doorbell!

I've raised a support ticket about this, but just thought I'd check with the community to see if anyone else has notice this and found a way around it?
Have you heard back from support about this? I also would like to disable the doorbell chime without muting the speaker.
jammin

Post by jammin »

creeve4 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:10 pm Have you heard back from support about this? I also would like to disable the doorbell chime without muting the speaker.
Last I heard was late January - "The ticket is still open and our team has been working on it."

I just asked for an update.
jammin

Post by jammin »

After some time where I put the doorbell away in a box, I finally got around to installing it again after being told in the support ticket this problem was fixed.

It's not.

I'm still going round in circles with support, they've had me install an unpublished firmware, and various other things only to now send me this article:
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... nes-AD410-
which completely fails to mention that if you mute the speaker in this way, you also can't talk to the person at the door. This renders one of the main video doorbell features useless!

I still can't figure out how this AD110 feature was missed in the AD410, and how it's still not fixed. Anyone who's ever had any doorbell would know that the doorbell button itself does not chime when you press it, and realise how this might be undesirable!

I've come to the conclusion that video doorbells are not a major focus for amcrest at all. The fact that the AD410 firmware has never been updated in 18 months, and that no doorbell firmware for any model is published on their firmware page at all does not give me confidence that these are products that are actively supported.

I'm going to keep prodding away at support but I don't hold out much hope!
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Hey @jammin & @mmikelas & @creeve4 - I have a possible solution for you.

Enter this command in a browser then authenticate with admin/password when on the same network as your doorbell:

http://<doorbell_ip_address>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoTalkPhoneGeneral.RingVolume=0

I've tested it on an AD110 at my lakehouse, so I know it works for that model, but have not tested it on my primary AD410 back at home yet. It should work to mute the chime but not the 2-way talk volume.

As to the lack of firmware updates, yeah, that's a concern of mine as well. You CAN ask Amcrest Support for an unlisted firmware update for the AD410. it too is over a year old with Zero documentation about what it fixes. Support can't tell you either. I won't install it until Support can provide release notes.
jammin

Post by jammin »

Thanks for this! I'm actually away from home for a week. I was able to remote in and try this, and I got an "OK" response, but can't actually check that its worked until I'm physically there.
evets122

Post by evets122 »

What ended up working for me on my AD410 was this command:

http://<doorbell_ip_address>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoTalkPhoneGeneral.RingFile=0

Since the ring file "0" doesn't exist, nothing plays! This is particularly helpful for anyone who wants to then send a custom sound to the doorbell when its button is pressed since there's no conflict with an existing sound file playing at the same time (even if the volume was brought to 0).
GaryOkie

Post by GaryOkie »

Nice one @evets122 - especially on your first post!

I knew this RingFile=null approach was an alternative to try if the RingVolume didn't work on the AD410. But your use case of sending a custom sound for a doorbell press is very interesting (in which case, you do want a loud RingVolume but no chime).

We know the SmartHome app can send custom notifications, but whatever API events are generated are hidden. Consequently, I have not found what the API is for sending custom sounds outside of the SH app. Have you?