Human Detection

Having any issues or recomendations for the Amcrest Smart Home Cloud? Post them here.
althomas49

Human Detection

Post by althomas49 »

How does the Human Detection work compared to Motion Detection? Is the Human Detection intelligent or does it rely on the Motion Sensitivity setting? How can I reduce the amount of false Human Detections I am getting?
longedge
Site Admin

Re: Human Detection

Post by longedge »

@althomas49 Hello and welcome to the forum.

I'll declare an interest in any reply that you might get to your query and as I'm considering buying a replacement for one of my cameras, perhaps I could extend your question to asking for any opinions as to how succesful "Human Detection" is in general.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Human Detection

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

Personally I am going to guess your asking about the ASH47? If that is the case then it seems one of 2 things is going on. 1 the Feature is incomplete or 2 the Feature is broke..

Why I say this?

I also have a AD410 and it has Human Detection mode as well. This device gives a second Grid that you pick an area with lines and while it can pick up a large dog it don't pick up birds or other things like the ASH47 does. Also find it strange that it (ash47) would have motion tracking setup on just normal alarm motion and not on Human and feel it would be better served as Tracking on human detection mode and not just motion.

Also might have something to do with camera placement. Remember while I am talking about getting a human alert by a bird that is because i have my ASH47 facing a bird feeder that is less then a couple of feet away at day time.(night time facing open area) Closer images might appear human in size to the camera..

However I am not sure really and hope it gets worked out. I can tell you that the Ad410 is by far one of the best for Human detection with very low false alarms. I get an alert its human or large dog.

Next SMD cameras work well and might be worth looking into. I personally don't have any all mine are IVS for IP camera for AI and normal non ai or SMD. However my 7108-AI DVR works great. (I use in SMD mode) I will admit it does at times pull in the mail box as Human and that is normally with track and trailer the area of view has a mail box and it will come up that Vehicle & Human was detected however looking at the footage it tracked the mail box as human lol. IT don't normally do it without something triggering it like trailer in tow. When I get an alert that its human it normally is.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe