Event recordings not playing

Having any issues or recomendations for the Amcrest Smart Home Cloud? Post them here.
Jazzlynx

Event recordings not playing

Post by Jazzlynx »

For the last few days, the system lets me know there are events it recorded, but it will not play them back. The little blue circle turns and turns, but never brings up the video. Anyone else having this problem?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Event recordings not playing

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

So oddly today I was getting a lot of alerts on my Battery Camera seeing it was Snowing today and very Windy.. I find it odd that it was giving me issues and every time I tried to look at the footage it wouldn't load. So I am not sure if the camera was to cold and didn't want to work in that or what the issue was.. Oddly not sure why it wouldn't show playback footage seeing that data is stored on a ThumbDrive on the Battery Camera's Hub.. It would load Live View without an issue every time.. In fact looking at all my Smart home devices I just found non of them want to playback from Event notices
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Jazzlynx

Post by Jazzlynx »

Same here....all my cameras are not playing back...and they are hardwired to power, not battery. I think it’s something on Amcrest’s end. Live play works great, HD with no jitters. It’s just the playback not working. Love paying for a subscription that doesn’t work. :evil:
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I am not sure it matters but after looking at all my Smart Home devices, Sorry I said Battery one before it was first one I was looking at and so that was why I mentioned it.. Anyway looking at my 3 doorbells, ASH21, ASH26 and the Battery camera as I said before all of them had Alerts but wouldn't playback from the list.. I Reboot my Router and after all my Deices returned online and at first the Smart home devices didn't want to come back online at first.. However once they all came back online I was able to now look at Events without issue..

So while this might have been a Server issue it might be that the Connection between my Router and the Smart Home server was needing a Refresh for getting a Good IP or something. As I said now they all are working with out issue..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe