Amcrest Smart Home v3.5.0 release

Having any issues or recomendations for the Amcrest Smart Home Cloud? Post them here.
amcrest168

Amcrest Smart Home v3.5.0 release

Post by amcrest168 »

updated on jun 1, 2020. you can provide your feedback or report issues on this thread.
Smart_Home_20200602.png
Smart_Home_20200602.png (36.82 KiB) Viewed 16314 times
outstanding issue:
still unable to add amcrest ip cameras; coming back as 'invalid device serial number.'
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest Smart Home v3.5.0 release

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Smart home OP camera or other ip amcrest cameras? I am going to guess if it's not a smarthome camera it wont cross. Other way is I am guessing an accident in making a smarthome device Onvif? Really I dont think they should go either way... Smarthome device should only be used as such. Let's not make the ad110 apart of that line lol I like having full time recording to my NVR

Updated and tried to dl clip it fails
SmartSelect_20200602-144033_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg
SmartSelect_20200602-144033_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg (200.8 KiB) Viewed 16309 times
SmartSelect_20200602-144051_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg
SmartSelect_20200602-144051_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg (177.72 KiB) Viewed 16309 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Still wish I knew where you email clips to if you are on events page and click the pencil on top right then choose clip you want and click email on bottom? Where and who has my file now? Option there no. Idea what it does or why yet it has been there since start of this camera
Be Safe
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

the smart home app initial release allowed the adding for ip cameras for live view only. this functionality was removed with the january release. i have an open ticket to get the functionality reinstated.

the desired outcome for ip cameras on the smart home app is for live view only. only smart home cameras will have their full functionality with the smart home app.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry to hear that... Sadly I am not sure they will bring back the IP camera View for Smart Home it might have been an oversight on the First release as this is a Smart Home Product and there are things at play that for most don't play well with others... Just a thought I wouldn't wait for it be come back!
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Where does new Smart Home app download SD card files to? Revo, does it still not work? In the past, I've downloaded Smart Home ASH21 SD files to PC using ASP.

Besides emails, Smart Home ASH21 also has push notifications to phone for Human Detection only, or for all motion detection.
lewi3069

Post by lewi3069 »

I keep getting not on same LAN error when trying to download. Allow me to download from other LAN as my cameras are o. A different VLAN with appropriate routing set up. I should also be able to download over VPN on any connection if the routes are setup. Seems silly if I can connect to the camera by IP that I can't download the video on it.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

lewi3069 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:51 pm I keep getting not on same LAN error when trying to download. Allow me to download from other LAN as my cameras are o. A different VLAN with appropriate routing set up. I should also be able to download over VPN on any connection if the routes are setup. Seems silly if I can connect to the camera by IP that I can't download the video on it.
I can "download" an Amcrest Smart Home ASH21 camera SD card clip to my remote android phone using Amcrest View Pro app with P2P. IP address with VPN should also work.
Playback a clip and push Record to record all or part of the clip.
Go to Saved Files, push pencil icon at top, select a file, and push middle icon at bottom to copy file to Snapshot/MP4 folder in storage.
You would have to test it for a different Smart Home camera model.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Only a guess here however I am going to guess that DL of video has something to do with Cloud and when this is done it is working over a Connection that was based on the Server between the SH device and the computer it is connected to. So again my guess is when your asking for the File to DL it looks over Connection of the Computer asking and the Device and if it can't access some type of port or some type of IP over external means using a VPN it might be that the system has some type of Firewall in place to make it so someone from the outside of the Network if they happen to make it in can't take footage from the SH device in question?
Be Safe