*UNKNOWN* Smart Home notification

Having any issues or recomendations for the Amcrest Smart Home Cloud? Post them here.
HikwQedxw

*UNKNOWN* Smart Home notification

Post by HikwQedxw »

What does LANIntoNetwork mean as a notification?

I am having very odd and unknown events being pushed to the Android version of Amcrest Smart Home Ver 3.12.2 from three ASH21-W's.
All three cameras have the same Firmware version - V2.680.0000000.0.R Build 2022-05-20

It appears to be completely random, or at least I am not able to recognize a pattern as of now.
Sometimes I get several of them from all three cameras within a few minutes, then sometimes it's several weeks between notifications, but today I've had 29 of them so far. Some only seconds apart from the same device.

What are these notifications?
2022-11-24 19.34.26.jpg
2022-11-24 19.34.26.jpg (39.68 KiB) Viewed 5199 times
In this notification the event time stamp is "2022-11-24 12:24:45".
When I clicked on the notification I am taken to the Smart Home's Event Playback tab for the referenced camera.
However the event page has a blank video preview with a ZERO length video loaded. The start time is 12:24:45 and the end time is 12:24:45.
Then a few seconds after the event page is loaded a pop-up dialog bubble appears that says "Device Deleted" then app hangs for about 20 seconds then crashes.
I reopen the Smart Home App and navigate to EVENTS/{device name}. I then scroll down to the time stamp only to find there is no event that matches the time stamp in the notification.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: *UNKNOWN* Smart Home notification

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I don't know how you have that one setup however it is normal for one of my Smart Home Cameras to do that and has done that since I bought it and first install. Because of what I seen in your post and my phone cleared the one from earlier today I went ahead and rebooted the camera so I could get this event from my ASH47. This is normal when the system reboots or if there is an issue with the network and it has re connected. Might be that the camera is outside the area of Wifi if your connected as such. Mine is Wired at the moment and I have had it wireless and at times I would get Drop outs either by my Router Rebooting or goodness knows why could have been power glitches seeing that area the camera is connected is only area that don't have battery backup.

About the Deleted Device. I freaked out the first time I seen it and I was like oh great. However it comes backup without issue every time so I no longer worry about the events for it and all is good.
Screenshot_20221125-020523_One UI Home.jpg
Screenshot_20221125-020523_One UI Home.jpg (263.92 KiB) Viewed 5197 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
HikwQedxw

Re: *UNKNOWN* Smart Home notification

Post by HikwQedxw »

Let me guess, the camera you are getting this message from is using an ethernet connection instead of Wifi.

A few minutes ago it occured to me - Why am I getting this from three cameras but not the fourth one?
"What makes the fourth camera different?" - Then it dawned on me, It's using WiFi instead of ethernet like the other three

This is usually where my curiosity gets me into trouble.

What happens when you power cycle a Amcrest "SMART" camera that uses a ethernet connection? You get a LANIntoNetwork notification when it connects.
What happens when you disconnect and reconnect the ethernet cable? You get a LANIntoNetwork notification when it connects.
What happens when there is an intrusion attempt?(More than 5 wrong p/w attempts) It reboots, and you get another LANIntoNetwork message.
What happens if you disconnect your internet connection from the router, but keep the ethernet connection to the camera active? You a LANIntoNetwork message when the cameras reconnects to the Amcrest servers.

So long story abbreviated. If you connect your Amcrest Smart camera to the internet with a ethernet cable, you will be given a LANIntoNetwork message every time the camera establishes a successful connection to the Amcrest servers. So why was this implemented on the LAN, but not he WLAN? Kind of odd.