Smart Home ver 3.3.2

Have some questions or having issues with Software that is not currently listed? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
amcrest168

Smart Home ver 3.3.2

Post by amcrest168 »

it appears there's an issue adding devices through the QR scan. scans all came back as 'invalid device serial number.'

when i registered for the smart home app, the app automatically added all my ip cameras from my amcrestview account. i deleted the ip cameras from the smart home app before adding back a replacement doorbell. tried to add back the ip cameras using the app's QR scan and it's coming back as 'invalid device serial number."

ticket raised: 326072
amcrest168

Re: Smart Home ver 3.3.2 (buggy)

Post by amcrest168 »

more observations. smart home ver 3.3.2 appears buggy compared to previous version. live view with the ad110 frequently returns as 'play error, click to refresh.' device information frequently returns as 'failed to get config.' also the smart home app frequently shows the doorbell as offline yet my NVR clearly shows the doorbell is online and the NVR is recording. i think amcrest needs to roll back the app or come up with an update.

i would suggest android users not to update to the smart home ver 3.3.2.
meisner

Re: Smart Home ver 3.3.2

Post by meisner »

FW Version: 1.000.00AC003.0.R
App version 3.3.2

I just installed an AD110 ~7 days ago and the install/config went easy enough. I had the camera working with Amcrest Smart Home app and ZoneMinder for about 5 days straight, then I am suddenly getting the same 'play error, click to refresh' problem when using live view. This morning I tried rebooting the camera and power cycling it (since the reboot didn't change anything). After the power cycle, I then could not connect to the camera at all and was getting "failed to get config" errors as well. After letting it sit for a few hours, it's now working with ZoneMinder and Smart Home...but still no live view (still getting 'click to refresh').

I am debating if I should return this camera and go back to a standard doorbell.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

@meisner, check your doorbell wireless connection. what you have described sounds like the doorbell is not fully connected to your wireless network. try pinging your doorbell's ip address to validate connection.
meisner

Post by meisner »

I don't think so. When it was connected, ping, ZoneMinder both worked fine. When I power cycled the AD110, nothing worked (ping, Amcrest Smart Home, ZoneMinder). During this time, the doorbell seemed to be not functioning correctly. It is working fine again...with the exception of Live View in the SmartHome app.

Also, I have a monitor running that notifies me whenever the doorbell is unreachable on my LAN. The monitor is working as it notified me after the power cycle...but did not find a problem otherwise.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am going to guess that there is something that was changed maybe via Zoneminder that the Doorbell camera don't like. I know it is a pain but you said it is working now besides live view.. I would guess if you were to call Support the offer of advice would be to go out and Press the Reset as it says to in the manual.. Once you get it setup again I would see if that cures it... Then to be Honest with all the Issues the Camera has with a Minor change I wouldn't use any thing outside of the Smart Home app and only to be HONEST Amcrest NVR... I have used Non Amcrest DVR and NVR for testing but because of the issues and the ability for things to change without me telling them too... I now only have it connected over a Amcrest 4108 and use the Smart Home App for all access over looking at Recorded footage on the NVR... Until something in a Update that could block any unwanted changes. That is how I would tread for now...

One of the things My first connection to Amcrest DVR on IP ch was changed time format however that option isn't in the list on the smart Home app.. SO I turned it off... didn't change the Date However Now connected to my NVR that is setup to Sync with all cameras every day for time it is oddly setup the way I have all my cameras besides it shows the day of the week on screen Don't even see that as an option in the Setup of the Smart home app or any other changes for time or date outside of DST that is set to active however all others are not so Don't know why that one default as active but Didn't change it.

Don't know what options I set in the setup anymore.. I don't know where the day of week comes from... I thought I would do Picture uploads and I guess it don't have that option because the area when played back was a black screen.. Turned that off.. I have Extra Stream in my NVR for it set to off because I don't know that it has one...

I had an odd issue every day I seen it was synced with my NVR and other cameras within 4 min of that time it would be 2 min ahead.. I don't know where it is getting its time updates because I don't see an option to turn off a Time Server and I don't have one in my NVR active.. So the next day I changed my NVR time to reflect the Doorbell camera so the times were the same... No issues with speed up now lol...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

@meisner, it's highly possible zoneminder has modified your doorbell configuration. a reboot of the doorbell will not fix the errant configuration. you may have to perform a factory reset.
meisner

Post by meisner »

@amcrest168 I will give it a try. I assume the procedure is documented in the user manual?
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

@meisner, here's the instruction to perform a factory reset, https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... ell-AD110-.

a word of caution, at the moment the factory reset button does not work if the doorbell is bricked. i would be extra careful with the doorbell if you're using any 3rd party app. i bricked my first doorbell with an amcrest ipconfig tool hence i've learned my lesson. stick with the amcrest smart home app for now. i sincerely hope the doorbell product team is able to release a new firmware that protects the factory reset function from any errant configuration. that's the whole point of having a factory reset button.
meisner

Post by meisner »

Sorry...I never followed up after doing the rest. A hard reset did get live view working again. After thinking more about how this happened, I was poking at the various ports trying to figure out how to get a snapshot (for an javascript app I wrote). I may have inadvertently used a bad URL that caused the problems.

...still haven't figured out how to fetch a snapshot from the camera.