Smart Home ver 3.3.2

Have some questions or having issues with Software that is not currently listed? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
howe0001

Re: Smart Home ver 3.3.2

Post by howe0001 »

Are any port forwards on my router required to make live view work ? What ports does it need?

Reason asking: I went to Home Depot, got the Hampton Bay Wired 30VA Transformer 16vac output, swaped out my 16vac 10va transformer, powered the breaker back up, unit came up (motion works, bell works, chime works, I get my notifications) but the Live View will not work. According to the Amcrest Smart Home app, the WIFI signal is "Good". I'm on Xfinity, I'm using their TG1682G modem. I have the DoorBell (ad110) assigned a reserved IP, have tried it in DMZ mode and out of DMZ mode. Same result. No Live View. What am I missing?

What gauge wires did you switch to?
"When we have our doorbells connected there is no power going to the bell until the button is pushed", can you expound on this sentence?
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

a traditional doorbell button is wired in the open position hence no power is going to the doorbell chime. when the doorbell button is pushed, it become a close position sending current to the doorbell chime.

regarding live view. there is no need to use port forwarding on the doorbell when using the smart home app. try this first, uninstall smart home app, reboot your phone, then reinstall the app. if you have another phone, try and check if it works on another phone. i want to rule out your phone. if live view is not working on both phones, then it is your network. the doorbell could be on the far fringe of your router's reach showing 'good' when it's not.
howe0001

Post by howe0001 »

Solved!! Prior to seeing your post (and because I'm a 30 year IT veteran) I did a factory reset on the AD110, reconfigured it... ALL works now. I'm sorry I bothered you guys. I should have tried that first. Thanks for all the tips. I think I'm good to go now.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

no worry. glad all work now. i really like the doorbell and i wish it has facial recognition to minimize false motion detection.