Smart Home ver 3.3.2

Have some questions or having issues with Software that is not currently listed? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
longedge
Site Admin

Re: Smart Home ver 3.3.2

Post by longedge »

@meisner - If you look at this thread it may help - https://amcrest.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... hot#p28102
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

hmm...i don't think the ad110 doorbell supports snapshot. i have the doorbell on an amcrest nvr and although it records both regular and motion detection, all the doorbell snapshots 'type j' file come back as a black screen. the only doorbell snapshots i'm able to get is directly from the smart home app.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Same here I did setup for snapshot on my DVR and then on my NVR and both came up when I looked with just black screen so I turned them off and have the NVR only setup to record Main as I don't know if it even has a Sub (Extra)

Still trying to figure out who keeps getting the Email that the App sends when i think I am sending it to me lol... Sadly It never gets to me and starting to think somewhere in the amcrest area they getting some emails about footage because I am not... On the Events, Then click on the little Check box on the right top brings up trash icon and email if you click the event you want then click the email icon says it sent but to who? because it never sends to me... Yesterday had a Bird Attack my Doorbell... lol
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

@Revo2Maxx, what kind of bird attacked your doorbell? maybe it didn't like the color of the bezel. haha
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am not sure I am going to guess it was maybe the little song birds that never go away like other birds that go south... Oddly I looked and noticed it today after I formatted my HDD on my NVR yesterday so only have the small clip on the doorbell oddly I have Motion off so it must have hit the doorbell? Strange lol... I will try and make a Clip if I can I don't want to go take the card out crazy thing is I Format drive yesterday at 1400hrs aka 2pm this happen at 10am wish i would have looked at the app before format... Oddly my Doorbell is just now offline lol strange.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Strange thing really is there has been no motion for a while seeing I have it turned off.. Sadly I don't even look at app much seeing I just look at the NVR.. Didn't look at it before I Format drive so I didn't even know. However for what ever reason my Door bell was acting up so I brought up the app. Seen a motion yesterday and seen the clip sadly it was after HDD of NVR was formatted lol.. So this is off my iPhone quality isn't best recorded on my Samsung S9 as I don't know how to Screen record like I see all these big youtubbers lol... Don't know if that link will work like this or not. www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYEfqf6ccxw
Be Safe
howe0001

Post by howe0001 »

I'm having an issue with Smart Home ver 3.3.2 not allowing me to view the "Live View" and consequently, I think the lack of "Live View" is making the controls on the "Motion Detector Zone" just look black. I do not know if this is directly related or not.

The doorbell works, it pings nicely, motion detection works, I get my alerts. But Live view will not work.

Any thoughts?
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @howe0001 and welcome to the forum. if you are using a 16v 30va transformer then it could be a network issue. make sure your transformer delivers 30va so you can rule out power and check the network.
howe0001

Post by howe0001 »

So the 16v 30va transformer does not have enough amps? What is the recommended volts/amps for the transformer?

Thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

16vac 30va should be enough to power the camera however if there is an isuse on the camera it could be there is a wiring issue..

I can not Stress this enough... When we have our doorbells connected there is no power going to the bell until the button is pushed.... So a wiring that is really to small for the amp or volts to travel through might have issues with wiring....

This is also a case where the camera when connected makes the doorbell chime all the time... This could be that the wires that is going to the camera besomes shorted and while it does power the camera isn't powered well and can make the camera go offline loads of times most times at night when the IR comes on....

I have a 16 vac 40va aka 2.5amp power supply going to my camera doorbell.. This works perfect... I was running it on a 24vac 100va supply but I didn't want to have so much power going to the camera when it wasn't needed so I picked up a PS that is for the camera only to insure there is no issues with power.. Also re ran the wires that power the camera to insure the power to camera is good
Be Safe