Night Vision keeps resetting itself to Auto

Have some questions or having issues with Software that is not currently listed? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
hjcollins

Night Vision keeps resetting itself to Auto

Post by hjcollins »

I have two ADC2W outdoor WiFi cameras and they work well with 2 exceptions:

1) I'm not a fan of hearing it say "successfully connected to network" every so often. I know, it's a WiFi connection issue, but that voice!... right outside my window sometimes in the middle of the night can be quite startling.

2) I have turned the Night Vision Off more times than I can count over the years, but it repeatedly reverts to Auto mode and then apparently thinks On is better. I have attached 2 photos for comparison. The one where you can see details is with it Off.

If you have solutions, I'd love to hear them. Thank you!
Attachments
Screenshot_20220125-185913_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg
Screenshot_20220125-185913_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg (845.45 KiB) Viewed 5977 times
Screenshot_20220125-185932_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg
Screenshot_20220125-185932_Amcrest Smart Home.jpg (388.13 KiB) Viewed 5977 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Night Vision keeps resetting itself to Auto

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

need to make sure that you don't have Cloud service. If you do then what ever changes you make in the WebUI or Over the AVP app you will need to make that change in the Cloud as well. If you don't the cloud will turn back all settings to what it was started with.

Out side of that I am not sure. I know that I don't have the option to turn off IR for my camera however I have the Non White Led version. Where yours has white led that comes on at time of motion? and an ability to set off an alarm?

so it could be Related to Cloud as I said before or maybe Contacting Amcrest Support from the Support pages to setup a ticket could solve your issue if you have tried to reset the camera to factory as well. Support would have more info about the camera and things that are not widely known already. I mean I do see in the Manual for your camera that it has white led off or on... It might be an issue like the Ad110 had at the start of it's life where we would turn off the Led for color at night to work and after the weekly reboot it would turn back on the LEDs. Also some others had issues with connection and it would change back after camera off and on caused by power or some issue was fixed in a FW update and app update maybe they need to fix it in your cameras fw as well?
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe