Motion Detection Range and Zones (SmartHome 3.3.6)

Have some questions or having issues with Software that is not currently listed? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
DeliriumTremens

Motion Detection Range and Zones (SmartHome 3.3.6)

Post by DeliriumTremens »

I have been fighting with this AD110 (1.000.00AC003.0.R) for a couple weeks now trying to get it to stop constantly sending me notifications for motion alerts.

It seems to completely ignore the range and Zones I have set in the SmartHome app, as nearly every one of the alerts comes from a car passing on the road in front of our house, which I have blocked in the Zones setting. It is also over 12m away from the camera and I'm using the lowest sensitivity.

I'm beginning to think I can't use motion detection at all, which defeats the purpose of having the doorbell camera. I'd love some advice on adjusting my settings to I can get notifications if someone approaches our front door without getting 60 alerts a day for motion detected in blocked zones.
DeliriumTremens

Re: Motion Detection Range and Zones (SmartHome 3.3.6)

Update, I went into my motion zone settings and blocked the entire field of vision and it's still sending me constant alerts. I am convinced these settings do nothing.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @DeliriumTremens and welcome to the forum. can you show the picture of your motion detection grid? i have a feeling you have the motion detection zones reversed.
DeliriumTremens

The entire grid is red currently.

It was a little confusing, but from reading I got the impression that red = blocked.
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

on your smart home app motion detection zones, click on 'clear zone' to clear the entire grid. only set blocks to red for active motion detection, then click on 'save zone.' consider setting motion range to '3' as your baseline. try that and report back.
DeliriumTremens

Still getting notifications whenever a car drives by -- tops of cars are well under the zone I have set.

amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

try clearing the entire grid and only select this area as illustrated. test and report back.
detect_zones.png
detect_zones.png (78.68 KiB) Viewed 11791 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly I hate to say that your area is going to be Prone to false alerts unless you use some AI... You have to many areas for tree leave movements and then the lower area that was said to try is going to have an issue as well. Sadly do to the shadows when there is any air will cause it... I don't think the cause is of the cars but the wind that the cars cause and makes the tree move and the camera picks up the movements....

So in my thought on this with what you have now. I would maybe change the Range from anything over 3 down to 1 or 2 and try that... I do have mine set on 3 myself and I do well without having false alarms now where before I was getting a lot of them gave up a few times lol..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

i was thinking the same thing too when i saw @DeliriumTremens's picture. the pir sensor works off motion hence movements from leaves, shadows, or light would trigger an alert. that was the reason why i have suggested selecting a small area as a baseline to test. start motion range at '3' and lower the value as needed.
AlanBaxter

Post by AlanBaxter »

The grid is gone and I would like the old firmware back please. This now false alarms constantly! Help!n :( AD110