IP2M-841B/W Firmware

Have some questions or having issues with Software that is not currently listed? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Waynard1961

IP2M-841B/W Firmware

Post by Waynard1961 »

Is the firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2020-10-30 the current firmware version for the IP2M-841B/W cameras ?
OR is it the one that is currently available for download (V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2020-03-30) ?

I ask because I have 4 cams that had an older firmware version and were working fine with both Surveillance Pro AND with the Android cell phone app both on and outside the LAN until I upgraded to the currently available version. After upgrade, the cams will only work with the Android app only via the LAN, and will NOT work with Surveillance Pro either via LAN or remotely.

I find this disconcerting as the upgrade notes have these cams flagged as 'discontinued' and that no additional software updates will be generated. Feels more like forced obsolescence to a functional product.

Can anyone shed some light here ?

Thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: IP2M-841B/W Firmware

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

I don't have any of my over a dozen 841's with a newer fw then the one that has been posted with the date of 03-20-2020. SO not sure how the cameras you own had one with 10-30 2020. It might have been an issue with the firmware having a problem and so that FW was removed. Also might have been an issue where people like in your case tried to go back to an older FW that has caused an issue with the camera as well.. I have 841s that is working with only the issues that they had from the Jump going to the new 2019/2020 fw where the camera works as normal but has issue with going to some strange preset after reboot. So for any Old New Stock camera I would never take any update now past the 2017 one that is v2.520.ACxxxxxx. Problem is that once you update to the newer FW you can't go back to the older one..

With you saying that you have cameras on a date after the last known stable version this can only mean there was something found not to work correctly and that update has been removed and left the last known good update 03-30-2020 as last one offered..

What I would do is Do a factory Reset of the camera you are now having issues with. Do so by Pressing the LED on the back of the camera until the camera blinks Red, I wait until it come back to red before letting go of the reset switch. Again if not already known the Reset switch is the LED on the back of the camera.. Once the Reset is done setup again and see if it works again with AVP aand ASP because I don't have any issues making a P2P with any of my 841s in use... On any of the listed FW and the last Auto Update FW offered from the camera from 2017..

If after all that, you might need to make a Ticket with Amcrest and ask them for the FW that your other working cameras are using.

Amcrest isn't in the game is Forced Obsolescence as they know that isn't anyway to conduct business..
Be Safe.