Firmware IP2M-858W

Have some questions or having issues with Software that is not currently listed? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
brianmw36

Firmware IP2M-858W

Post by brianmw36 »

What happened to the firmware for IP2M-858W? This camera is not even listed in the firmware updates in "Support"
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Firmware IP2M-858W

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am going to guess that there might have been an issue with the FW that was last released and this FW was if I had to guess a second time JS in nature.. So this would mean to get a FW that is not JS from a listing of FW off the page might Brick the camera of the person that installed the JS fw... So it is better to not have one listed... While I don't work at Amcrest and I don't have any Contacts at the FW Dept this is my guess...

That is because last I remember there was one that was released before the Pandemic started and might have been found to have some issues... This might have been after they started working on other camera FW that it was found to have issues so it is not easy to get from 1 Program for a camera back into another because your mind still might be working in the newer one rather then the one your trying to FIX a mistake in and make a larger mistake...

These are only guesses I am sure something should be released before long.. IF you are on older 2018 or older FW on your backup of computer HDD then I would try maybe adding the FW back on or maybe a Factory Reset at the camera might fix some issues
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
davptz

Post by davptz »

brianmw36 wrote:What happened to the firmware for IP2M-858W? This camera is not even listed in the firmware updates in "Support"
This won't actually help you, but is a bit of information.

I bought my IP2M-858W recently (a few weeks) and it is at FW version:
V2.623.00AC003.0.R.R4.2510.9A.NR, Build Date: 2019-11-13

As you say, no newer FW was available. But it is just barely possible that tech support could get you this version (assuming your version is earlier).

Unfortunately I have no idea how to offer them bribes. ;)
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Here is my opinion on the missing software that I posted last month.
https://amcrest.com/forum/posting.php?m ... 39#pr31244
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am going to guess like Jack7 has said in his other post that there might have been some issues with the Release of the FW.. Something more then the minor issues that one might have by a FW release so it was pulled... I am going to guess that if there was a newer then the one davptz posted about it is likely that both have the same issue and they don't want the 11-13-2019 one out there much either...

See some people might not understand that when FW updates are done there are things that people outside of the normal camera user might do.. So while the Camera might work for a normal everyday user there might be something that was found to either be a flaw or something that was just making things not work right if it was used that way... While to me I wish it was that it would be Posted as a Caution on XYZ FW please if your running don't do this.. However problem with that is most times then not someone that wouldn't do it will just do it to see what happens and maybe now have another Brick to replace so I understand why it is not said.. From my Understanding from Aug 2019 on all FW is JS in nature and can't go back to non JS fw release without maybe causing some issues...

Also as stated some features were removed from the 841 fW back in 8-2019 and even in the Dec release and 2020 release they have not been returned so at times to make a Leap forward might take you a Step back...
Be Safe
rott

Post by rott »

I have just bought this camera the 25x zoom ptz and it has a firmware date of 2.422.AC02.0.R.R4.2510.9A.NR, Build Date: 2018-07-06 if i read this right then there is no newer firmware so I can stop use the Amcrest Web View and my only browser option is Explorer the one browser that MS is about to put out of its misery (I am not an IE basher I liked it actually) what a mess I don't blame the poster above from being pissed off and i agree about covid being the go-to for every problem and it's like the get out of jail free card
rott

Post by rott »

hello this is for the mods here as much as users lot of people bashing about firmware and wonder how many people have used this if you do a search for firmware for the IP2M-858 (notice no W @ the end) then it gets one hit on firmware if you open that it has only firmware going forward no previous driver but it DOES say for IP2M-858W use only and it has a lot newer build date
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am not sure I understand what you mean..

I do know that looking at the Update FW page it seems some new released FW was put in 2021 and yet the page still shows the FW to be in 2020.. So someone that is just looking at the Firmware page and not looking at the file in the current new location for DL might think only an older one then they already have is offered..

About 858W or 858 I personally don't think it matters for that camera because there is only 1 type of 858 where other cameras might offer a E version with a Wifi Version or Maybe a Normal IP and one that offers wifi. not sure the 858 has more then 1 type..W is for Color
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

@rott
I have an IP2M-858 with firmware dated 7-6-2018 that has worked fine for 3+ years.  No way I would update it to the ones listed now.  Based on other cameras, they will reduce function in the Web UI and no telling what else.  If you have a really good reason why you want the current firmware, then try it.  You likely can't go back.
rott

Post by rott »

@jack7 that is why I have not upgraded mine either