Firmware IP2M-858W

Have some questions or having issues with Software that is not currently listed? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
rott

Re: Firmware IP2M-858W

Post by rott »

@Revo2Maxx hello Looking on the firmware page if you look for IP2M-858W you get nothing found. If you look for IP2M-858 you get one hit

Update Version/Build No. V2.623.00AC005.0.R 8/13/21

Attention Only for IP2M-858W

That is what I saw when looking for firmware for my camera I was told by tech support that the W was for wireless if it was for color then would that mean the IP2M-858 was black and white?

rott
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thanks however I am sorry who ever told you that must be the same type person that another person on the forum claims tried to sell them a 300 $ Security software when asking about support for Amcrest..

Please see picture below. The B and W is for color and has nothing to do with Wireless.. that says 858 W and B and wifi as type that is White and Black.
To be honest I don't even think they have a 858B.. I can't find a picture of one anywhere.. I know my 841's are called B for Black and W or White and my 846EB is POE in Black, My 850EB is POE in Black. My 751B is Wifi in Black... I will ask tomorrow if there is something missing in the FW for the 858.. What I can tell you is anyone that has a 2019 FW or newer as Jack has said once you go to the JS Fw there is no returning to older FW.. If there is a FW package for the camera that isn't working it is either POE and will not work no mater the color for a non poe camera or if someone has 2019 or newer and they are trying to go back to 2018.. Outside of that Manual says W and B and listed both as being Wifi however as I said can't find 1 picture on the web of a Black 858 after my 850EB the 853, 858 and 1053 I think are all White...

So when it says only for that means it isn't for the 858E or 858EW as I also see them listed
Screenshot (1891).png
Screenshot (1891).png (37.32 KiB) Viewed 6576 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also just as an update to what I was told today and this is copy and paste of the info

IP - stands for IP cameras
XM- X is some number. this stands for the max mp the camera has.
XXXX- this is usually numbers and is the actual model of the camera
E - for POE
W- for white
B- for Black
S- Silver
In terms of firmware the color will not make a difference in the firmware. only the other attributes can cause issues if the wrong firmware is used

So if someone is looking for newer non JS FW that is different story altogether.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
strouja

Post by strouja »

my IP2M-858W just died, I tried everything. It powers on, rotates around when I do that but the reset button does nothing. I tried connecting and ethernet cable and searching for it with the amcrest scanner and it just won't appear on my network. I attempted the reset 6 times (it makes a slight clicking sound when I hit and hold the reset button), tried powering on and off multiple times, etc.

If anyone wants this for spare parts let me know, it is less than 3 years old and was never exposed to any inclement weather as it was on my porch and protected from the weather. All you need to do is pay for shipping. I'm sure most parts in it are fine, I see the infra red light pop on, the fan inside works, the motor to move the camera lens works, and I'm sure the actual camera itself is fine.

I called support and they confirmed it is dead and I offered to ship it back to them for spare parts or repair and they had no interest in that.

I suspect a daughter board needs to be changed or something, but there is no way. that I know of to get spare parts for this or get this fixed.
strouja

Post by strouja »

strouja wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:41 pm my IP2M-858W just died, I tried everything. It powers on, rotates around when I do that but the reset button does nothing. I tried connecting and ethernet cable and searching for it with the amcrest scanner and it just won't appear on my network. I attempted the reset 6 times (it makes a slight clicking sound when I hit and hold the reset button), tried powering on and off multiple times, etc.

If anyone wants this for spare parts let me know, it is less than 3 years old and was never exposed to any inclement weather as it was on my porch and protected from the weather. All you need to do is pay for shipping. I'm sure most parts in it are fine, I see the infra red light pop on, the fan inside works, the motor to move the camera lens works, and I'm sure the actual camera itself is fine.

I called support and they confirmed it is dead and I offered to ship it back to them for spare parts or repair and they had no interest in that.

I suspect a daughter board needs to be changed or something, but there is no way. that I know of to get spare parts for this or get this fixed.

Update Someone responded directly to me and i shipped it to them, cost of shipping was $20 and I decided not to charge for shipping. I hope he can get it working by finding spare parts
Seadog9

Post by Seadog9 »

Not sure if you learned anything else about this along the way but mine seems to have suffered the same fate. At that price it really irks me. I have old cams back to the foscams 15+ years old that still work. Why couldn’t one of those go. You would think they would at least offer some kind of discount if you send your bad one in. Let me know. Thanks!