Can't get both cameras on the same app

Have some questions or having issues with Software that is not currently listed? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
gt6mk31

Can't get both cameras on the same app

Post by gt6mk31 »

I have an ASH42 outdoor bullet camera currently using the Amcrest Smart Home app and working fine.

Today I added an Amcrest IP2M-841 indoor 1080P wireless IP camera. It is working fine using the Amcrest Cloud app.

I tried adding the new camera to the same Amcrest Smart home app and it told me that the S/N was invalid. I tried scanning the QR and entering manually.

I then downloaded the cloud app and tried to put both on that app. Nope. The new camera works but it says the S/N of the outdoor camera must be 18 characters and it is 13. Again, I tried scanning the QR code and entering manually.

Help!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Can't get both cameras on the same app

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello @gt6mk31 Welcome to the Forum...

So sadly your trying to add a non Smart Home camera on a Smart Home app and they don't work that way..

For viewing your 841 over your cell phone you will need to use Amcrest View Pro app..

Also I am not sure but I think the Cloud for the 2 are different as well.. Again Smart Home products are not the same as normal Amcrest Security Cameras...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
gt6mk31

Re: Can't get both cameras on the same app

Post by gt6mk31 »

Well shoot. Thank you for your help.