Anyone setup Orion yet?

Have some questions or having issues with Software that is not currently listed? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Anyone setup Orion yet?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I found that Amcrest has a server system that kind of looks like some beast of ASP So I installed it to take a look. Added the server, DL installed Client and that is as far as I can personally get.

Looking at the Docs things it says isn't the way it seems to work. However I have tried to add different devices. Starting with my 850 it failed to load. So I thought ok maybe it is just an old PTZ and not able to be added so I thought ok lets try the newest device I have so I tried my AI Camera the 2685EW-AI and that failed so I thought Ok lets try to ad them via P2P and while this time it acts like it is added it never changes to being logged in. Said Network Exception and so humm Wondering if anyone has installed and been able to get a device added?

Thanks
Be Safe.
JimmyFal

Re: Anyone setup Orion yet?

Post by JimmyFal »

I was JUST going to install ASP on my backup laptop, and I saw this thing for download with todays date on it. So I was surprised to see this post from Sept. Can't find anything on it. I may install it just to look around in a bit, but first I have to get ASP going.

I'll check back.
My Cameras

IP8M-VB2696EW-AI
IP8M-2796EW-AI
IP8M-T2669EW-AI
IP5M-1190W
IPM4M-1041B
IP3M-941B
ASH22-W
Kooveeon

Post by Kooveeon »

I'm finishing up my Orion Install on a custom built stand-alone server with 14TB RAID. Installed free version 8.20 and client software. I'm started out with 3 Amcrest IP cameras and have added other brands.
Cameras include:
AMCREST: IP8M-2493-8MP
AMCREST: IP5M-1176-5MP 3.6MM
AMCREST: IP5M-1176-5MP 2.8MM
JIDETECH PTZ: P1-PLUS-5X-8MP
ANPVIZ: IPC-D240W-S-4MP
VIKYLIN: YC2165I-28-S-8MP
VIKYLIN: YC2165I-28-S-6MP (license error for 11th add)
VIKYLIN: YC2165I-28-S-6MP (license error for 12th add)
VIKYLIN: YC2165I-28-S-6MP (license error for 13th add)
I'm waiting on a support response for license. I'm wondering if its due to Frame-rate(s) or total recording megabits network into server?
It works really well and video response is very good.
I hope it's not going to cost anything. I'm a 100% disabled veteran, volunteering for my church.
We shall see.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@Kooveeon Welcome to the forum, At this time it is free. So not sure you have to worry about a License at this point. I did get it setup and working with a few cameras and recorders. DVRs and NVRs alike. Works well.
Be Safe.
UHSIT

Post by UHSIT »

Got it running on a dedicated server connected via iSCSI to a 24Tb SAN with 36 cameras. Working well. Only two things that are on our wish list is:
1) client software able to handle multiple monitor workstation
2) some kind of mobile app to access the orion system..
Kooveeon

Post by Kooveeon »

Question. Are you using ALL AMCREST cameras?

How much did it cost for a 16 camera license? I really did like Orion more than Blue Iris 5 I'm testing now.
I could see myself paying for Orion solely based on it's performance and functionality.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

There is no price at this time So it is free and I think that is upto 64 units. After that just like ASP it will not work. So would need a second computer for another setup after 64.. This is number of units. So 2 32ch NVR it would be max even if you only have 20cameras on each.. Because it sees the NVR as the Max channel it offers not how many cameras loaded. I know this because 2 8ch, and 16ch plus my 32ch NVR gets a max
Be Safe.