Any way to adjust video settings?

Have some questions or having issues with Software that is not currently listed? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
chrisk

Any way to adjust video settings?

Post by chrisk »

Just bought and installed a 1080P HD Webcam (the AWC201-B) on my Windows 10 Dell XPS-13 laptop, to use with Zoom. It connects and works with Zoom, but the image badly needs hue and/or white balance adjustment. And I can't find any way to make any such adjustments in Zoom, or in my Dell. Anyone know if there is a way around this? Some app from Amcrest? A third-party App? Some existing capability of Windows 10 or my Dell that I have not found?
Thanks.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Any way to adjust video settings?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@chrisk Hello and welcome to the Forum

Sadly i am not sure of what software you can use but when I look in the manual it says what you want to access is going to be found in the software you use... I guess maybe try and find another software to use for making the adjustments sadly I am not going to say that the change would stay in the next program as it might only be a adjustment made per software being used????
Screenshot (961).png
Screenshot (961).png (108.33 KiB) Viewed 17848 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

I agree with Revo2Maxx in fact Zoom support looks to cover it - https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/artic ... Appearance

I currently use a USB analog video grabber to convert the signal from a wireless birdbox camera and also a webcam and the video controls are controlled in the same way in both cases i.e. by the application which is accessing them.
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
chrisk

Post by chrisk »

Hi Revo and long - I had already seen item 6 from the instructions and Zoom does not have anything like it available, as far as I can tell. In addition, the Zoom appearance adjustment only renders a slight soft focus (barely discernable) that does nothing about hue and white balance.
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

@chrisk - I haven't used Zoom but I am certain that the ability to adjust video properties rests with the application accessing the webcam so the shortcoming lies there I would say.
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

I just got the same camera and have the same issue with Zoom. There do not appear to be any exposure or white balance adjustments on Zoom. The only solution I have come up with so far is to make my room as dark as possible. As advertised, the camera does well in very low light conditions. The problem is, I can't read anything that I might need for the meeting. Wish there was another fix!!
longedge
Site Admin

Post by longedge »

@Geoff Welcome to the forum.

I have found a way to control the image from my USB camera that works on my PC.

As I previously mentioned, my usual USB input is from a video grabber that receives an analogue signal from a birdbox/feeding table camera that I have got. I use a very versatile charity ware application called YAWCAM which among other things allows me full control over the camera picture settings. I found that when I connect and select my webcam YAWCAM also gives access to all those settings for the webcam. The settings 'stick' and when I then open ZOOM the image qualities are as I set them in YAWCAM.

Just a workaround if it's of use to you :)