Amcrest IP Config Tool Not Working

Have some questions or having issues with Software that is not currently listed? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
sparkgap

Amcrest IP Config Tool Not Working

Post by sparkgap »

I have six IP3M-954EW POE cameras. I've had them for several years and they work great. Used the P2P setup on Amcrest View Pro to set them up without any problems. Anyway, the IP Config Tool, which I need to set the IP Address and assign the port number, stopped working recently. I have 3 computers in the house: 2 identical Mac Mini computers with the same OS and everything and an HP laptop running Windows 10.

The IP Config Tool used to work fine on both Mac Minis without having to do the little trick with assigning a Start IP Address in the "Settings" window. In fact, the IP Address was defaulted to some random IP number on both computers. Then a couple months ago they could no longer see any cameras. I hadn't changed anything on my computer but I did change my router to a new Linsys router that has Mesh. I did the "Settings" trick with assigning the Start IP of 192.168.1.1 and they started working again. Then when I upgraded my Mac OS to OS 10.12 Sierra (not exactly new, I know), both computers stopped seeing cameras again. I was able to get one of them to work by restarting the computer a few times and assigning the Start IP but on the other one, it absolutely refuses to see any cameras no matter what I try.

On the Windows 10 laptop, which has a Windows version of the IP Config Tool, the tool has never worked, no matter what IP Address I put in. I even tried doing a direct login to one of the existing cameras and it says "login failed". I also tried installing and running the IP Config Tool from Dahua but I got exactly the same results. It simply won't see any of the cameras.

The Amcrest View Pro app still works great and I can see all the cameras so there is nothing wrong there. I checked my router to make sure there was no firewall turned on and there wasn't. Any ideas ???