Amcest view pro cameras work on wifi but only one works once i leave my home??

Have some questions or having issues with Software that is not currently listed? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Tpbndogs

Amcest view pro cameras work on wifi but only one works once i leave my home??

Post by Tpbndogs »

All cameras work fine when im home and on the wifi with them but once i leave my wifi only one of them will work please help????
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Amcest view pro cameras work on wifi but only one works once i leave my home??

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

So first thing I would do is grab a paper and Pen.

Then I would load the app and make note of the camera or device that connects outside the network.

Then I would log into the camera or device that you can't log into outside your network if this device isn't close or have access to the SN on the bottom of the camera or device.

Then go to the devices Info status page and write down the SN for the camera or device and if your system has the QR code generator in the device it will be even easier you can find this from the P2P page on the Network area of your device. If there is a SN QR code you will want to log into your AVP, and Remove that device from the AVP app, Then add it back to the app this time using P2P method. You will be asked to scan the Bar Code if you are not by the device or device don't have P2P QR page then you click on input SN manually and you put in the code. Save it and it should now be active after you leave your home network...

Do that for all devices that can't access over P2P when you leave the home. Once you are done turn off your phones home Wifi and your cell wifi should be on like your away from home access your Avp and test your camera or devices to make sure they are working as expected.
Be Safe.
sparky1tm

Re: Amcest view pro cameras work on wifi but only one works once i leave my home??

Post by sparky1tm »

Camera’s at home and work display fine while on network Wi-Fi. Using IPhone 13 ISO 16.2, stopped working back in Sept both on my phone, same issue with my wife’s Iphone phone. Called help line and get nowhere with them. I do receive emails for motion detection so I know the cameras are connected to the internet and send out email notifications. I reset IPhone completely thinking it has to be a phone issue and still nothing. Using latest app version 4.3.0. I have a few cameras using SmartHome and they work fine on cell connection.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

It has been so many years ago. I don't use any new iPhones today. I have one I use that is 6plus. It has older software one it. The XR I have not connected to amcrest devices as I just don't use it much. Only a home phone..

There was something I remember that i needed to change in the 6plus many moons ago to get it to access P2P. If you have Reset the phone my guess is that it will need to be changed to access outside of network. I will dig some and see if I can find the setting but it is in the iPhone settings somewhere I just don't remember because it was so long ago..
Be Safe.
sparky1tm

Post by sparky1tm »

Revo,
Thank you so much. I deleted all the camera's on the Iphone app. Using my Windows 10 laptop / app I logged into each camera, went to Network and added each camera using the QR code and everything worked fine. I haven't been able to access my camera's since Sept/Oct vis my cell. Thanks again.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awesome glad to hear you got things working again. Be safe.
Be Safe.