Adding cameras to SmartHome iOs App

Have some questions or having issues with Software that is not currently listed? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
Dandelena

Adding cameras to SmartHome iOs App

Post by Dandelena »

I am trying to add cameras to the SmartHome app. I assumed (not sure if true) that the SW grabbed a (incomplete) list of cameras from my AmcrestView account, as after I added the APP to my iPAD a number of my cameras appeared. I then assumed * that adding the missing cameras would propagate them to the SH App. It didnt happen. OK... tried adding them to the app manually (some are not in my current location so scanning wouldnt work) and I get that the SN are not correct (?).

The cameras I am trying to add are the same type as are currently working in the SH app....can someone set me straight on how the SH app works ? how does it get its initial list of cameras and how can I add the remaining cameras to it ?

Thanks
amcrest168

Re: Adding cameras to SmartHome iOs App

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @Dandelena this happened to me back in nov 2019 when i first logged into the smart home app. it added all my amcrest cameras from my amcrestview account and i was able to view all my amcrest cameras from the smart home app. amcrest has since removed that feature from the smart home app and unless more and more people come forward and let the amcrest smart home team know that many customers still want the 'option' or 'choice' to add amcrest cameras into the smart home app, this removed feature will never come back to the smart home app. you could open a support ticket and see if you're able to get someone in amcrest to help you add the cameras into the smart home app.

i have an open ticket with amcrest smart home support and I have not given up yet because if i do, that would also mean i have given up on the amcrest brand. good luck.
Dandelena

Post by Dandelena »

Hi. Are you saying that you can’t add any “legacy” Amcrest cameras to the SH app ? OR are you saying the handshake between the AmcrestView (web app) and SH is what was removed ?

My situation was(is) i just downloaded the SH app and when I started it somehow brought in the 6 cameras I had in the ACV web app. However 4 of my cameras were not in the web app at the time. All 10 are working and visible in the iOS ACVPro app.

If the like between the AV web and SH app doesn’t work then how does one add cameras to the SH app at all as it doesn’t accept the SN “AMC...” at all. ?
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

i'm saying one can no longer add legacy amcrest cameras to the smart home app. the smart home app does not recognize legacy amcrest camera serial numbers.