AD110 Doorbell push notification - no audio

Have some questions or having issues with Software that is not currently listed? Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you.
mrvelous01

AD110 Doorbell push notification - no audio

Post by mrvelous01 »

Hello. I just dumped a Nellys NSC-DB2 doorbell for the Amcrest AD110 and things are going *mostly* well. The physical installation was a breeze. So was integration into Blueiris. My problem is that I am not receiving an audio push notification on my mobile (Google Pixel 3 Android w/Verizon) when the doorbell button is pressed. I do get a popup on the phone that the bell was pressed. If I have the app active it immediately switches to live mode to answer/hangup. But no audio ring. The mechanical chime in the house rings. The doorbell itself rings. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Since this device is all of 24 hours old I did try calling Amcrest tech support. It did not go well (tried 2x). I am still waiting on a call back after filling out a form for a "doorbell technician" to contact me.
amcrest168

Re: AD110 Doorbell push notification - no audio

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @mrvelous01 and welcome to the forum. i would suggest removing the doorbell from blueiris, then perform a hard reset on the doorbell. retest the scenario on the doorbell without blueiris and see if you have the same result. third party apps are known to overwrite the doorbell configuration hence it's best to isolate a given scenario and test without any third party app.
mrvelous01

Post by mrvelous01 »

Thanks for the reply, but that did not work. Do you have any other ideas?
amcrest168

Post by amcrest168 »

ensure you have the latest firmware, remove from the doorbell from blueiris, perform a factory reset, and uninstall the smart home app. reinstall smart home app and retest. the important thing to consider is to test the baseline which is the ad110 and the smart home app without any third party app. if you have another mobile phone to test, test it with another phone too because some forum members have reported issues only to discover the issues don't exist with another phone. just have to be patient and methodical with the troubleshooting. just my two cents.
mrvelous01

Post by mrvelous01 »

Thanks for the reply. I did all of the firmware updates during the initial install. I did remove the camera from BI, and did the delete and reset. I have also removed and re-added the app and did the whole thing over again. Unfortunately I do not have another phone to test with. Thanks for the two cents. Looks like I am now waiting for support to contact me.
mrvelous01

Post by mrvelous01 »

Update: The initial chime setting was "mechanical", which is the type I have. I changed the chime setting to "none" and it the phone now makes an audible noise when the button is pressed. Then I changed the chime setting to digital and it works (though my mechanical chime sounded sick). Lastly I changed the setting to back mechanical... and everything still works. No idea WTF just happened there.