Where or Where Are My Files

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
timlab55

Where or Where Are My Files

Post by timlab55 »

I have a AMDVTENL8-H5 DVR. The end result is to have all the video files transfer from my DVR to NAS. However, I've seen video's on it, but I don't seem to have the current Amcrest Surveillance Pro software to do it. So how can I download all my .dav files from my DVR to my computer's hard drive? I've been at this now for about 3 weeks, and no avail.
Thanks
Dan
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Where or Where Are My Files

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I am not sure what your trying to do to be honest.

So you have your 8ch DVR connected with a HDD? and you access that Via ASP on your computer? But you want to Transfer your files to NAS? I mean is that all of the Drive files or just some files that you need for future evidence?

Do you keep your computer online Full Time or you shut down when your not around? Is this a ASP computer or your normally used computer? I mean if it is for ASP then you can setup ASP to keep a Backup Record without having to transfer anything and just let the DVR do it's job of Recording full time and overwrite when full, or however you have it setup and all files you have in your ASP is how ever large your HDD space you give the program.. Then if there is something you need for back up you can back up in ASP to computer or your NAS for longer keeping..

Are you looking for Data keeping because your business or just for your own home personal use?
Be Safe.
Danny1955

Post by Danny1955 »

Sorry for some reason this fourm keeps losing my stuff. Anyway here's the story. I would like save all my video files to my NAS. However, I have no clue how to access them in order to do this. I've spend many hours working on this and to no avail. My computer stays on for about 7 hours daily, however, my NAS stays on 24/7. When you live in the country like I do, you NEVER know who's going to show up and do something in todays world.
Thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Personally I am not sure ASP will help you much outside of Playing back files that you have on your NAS.. I know within a IP camera there is an area that offers NAS as a Storage Device. Most times you will want to use the Device it self to setup going to a NAS not having ASP trying to make it happen..

From a DVR and only thing I can find on any of my Amcrest or Dahua DVR's is FTP and I know that you can setup a NAS system as a FTP server as well.. That might be the way want to try and work this..

I do know that my Hikvision products have the ability to connect to a NAS on my Dvr's but to be honest with all the issues that I have had with that system as a whole I am not sure it would work as simple as just typing in the IP and port and give permission in side of the NAS for such.. I say this because that device has issue trying to save to my Local Computer when I connect over WebUI.. It worked 1 time until I changed the Folder I wanted it saved to. Since then it has never worked again.. Even Reset back to factory 5 or 6 times since and the same result. Strange part about it is now all Hikvision products OEM or non OEM will now all fail it is like my Computer has made a rule never to let any Recorded file enter the computer or picture GrRR..

About the Amcrest.. My guess is I would try and setup your NAS as a FTP server and that would be the fastest way to do it.. Then in your DVR, go to Network, FTP and put in the data needed to access it and you should be golden.. Personally I wouldn't change the File size just leave it 0 means it will record and transfer the size needed. When I have tried to change mine seems I get issues, after going back to 0 it works just fine..
Be Safe.
Danny1955

Post by Danny1955 »

I have to say thank you all for your help in this matter. I called Amcrest this morning and the ending was that it can't be done automatically, but manually. Don't have the time do sit here all day everyday doing it. And besides i have to switch over to all IP's cameras with a NVR and not DVR. That's going to be another story much later on down the road.
Again thank you.
Dan
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So like I was saying I wouldn't personally give up on the idea if there is something that you feel needs to be Recorded and kept more secure then your DVR I would set FTP.. It is something that is able to be done from all of my DVR's and should be an option in yours as well..

So for me I have mine setup for Motion, I have had it setup full time but there was no need for that on my DVR because all my Audio is on my NVR's these days where in the past I had some Mic's on my DVRs so I would have full time recording setup FTP sometimes it isn't always what you can see but what you can hear that can be Helpful...

So for Snapshots I have all channels setup there as well. Now to be Honest if there is no 100% need for all your channels to get FTP for Longer secure storage then in there I would only choose the ones that are most important.. I have the Recorder doing Motion and I have my NVR's on the ones I feel are important setup Full time Recording but motion is best for most..

Anyway I would setup and test that it works at least it will give you some peace of mind that the most important cameras to you are being backed up even if you don't have to look at the files once you make sure they are being stored.. At least they are there if you ever need them to be...

About a New System. Personally I wouldn't push for IP if Security is huge issue.. If you do, POE is important however in most cases that makes it so NAS is out again.. However if you do a few things to think about if you don't go PURE POE.. Secure your camera ports or make sure they are High enough someone can't just come borrow your internet.. I have had to help a few of my Friends with people that know they go away and have gone over there just for Internet access... POE NVR is best to keep that down.. Also keeping your Security system on a Network with limited access can help

Oh one last note.. Name for your account is Case important and with name like how I have mine setup can be hard at times lol So don't make it crazy like I did mine..
Screenshot (1104).png
Screenshot (1104).png (235.78 KiB) Viewed 3764 times
Be Safe.