When setting up Rules on a AI DVR or NVR

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

When setting up Rules on a AI DVR or NVR

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I thought I would talk about something that I had been asked about from one of my Friends that has one of the AI NVR's While his is the 4216-AI and mine is the 4216E-AI they are both the same type setup and so is my 7108-AI DVR..

When you setup a Rule, and want that Rule to make your system go to a PTZ preset of another camera or even the camera in question the process of setup might have a step missed and doing so will cause your rule not to be setup right..

To better Explain I have made a Video and that can be seen here.. https://youtu.be/2mxTK1HmGRw

In this video, I take a 4mp AI camera setup with Intrusion, and Line crossing rules and show to make a setting within the rule be setup correctly.. I show what happens when the last step is missed and seems to be a common mistake when doing these settings... Also show what happens when the setting is done correct.. My friend tried a few times and gave up the idea thinking the issue was because the camera he was using was where the rule was and not the NVR however that wasn't the issue it was the setup wasn't done to the end and missing this last step made his settings fail...

What happens and even I make this mistake every so often as well. When your Saving or Applying a setting there is a box that ends up not going away and thinking that the setting has been saved and applied then find out later it didn't take.. Watching the Video can help you solve the issue and make your settings good..

If there is anything you want to see or have some question about setting up your AI NVR or DVR, I don't know everything there is to know about they yet but I have been working with them for some time now and have a good idea of how things should work..

I should start keeping track now because I have now Reset my NVR back to factory 9 times. Not because there is an issue with the NVR just because I am changing things from 1 setup type to another and it is easier for me to start from Factory Fresh rather then try and figure what step I missed to turn on Face Detection after having IVS and smart plans active and then the other way as well lol.. There are a lot of settings that need changing for one type of setup to another..
Be Safe.
bryeartem

Re: When setting up Rules on a AI DVR or NVR

Post by bryeartem »

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to mention this. I have an NV4216E-AI and when the face detection didn’t really work as expected (inability to crop out a face detection area) I kind of gave up on the AI features.. Your post made me take another look at IVS rules, I didn’t realize the IVS rules can be setup to only identify “Human” or “Vehicle” .. I process my camera streams through Tensorflow for person detection and letting the NVR tell me when an actual person is detected takes a huge load off my system and it seems pretty darn accurate. Previously every motion detection event was scanned for a person, now I have the NVR doing the brunt of the work which takes a great load off my Home Assistant server. This makes me want to invest in a couple AI cameras because I have reached the “max channel analysis threshold” My question is, if I get the AI cameras is there then no limit to the number of IVS rules (channels) as each camera is doing the processing? It seems 4 channels is the max the NVR can do on its own.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: When setting up Rules on a AI DVR or NVR

Post by Revo2Maxx »

At this time I don't have much data on how many different areas or things that a Camera can have.. I have been meaning to sample that info..

2 things to note, Amcrest AI cameras have a few different types of IVS, then again they might also have different count for how many rules they can have as well.. Now I am going to guess that the 4k cameras might have less ability then the 4mp ones offered. However the PTZ again the very costly one might have more rules then the one that cost 499.. I do know from what I have seen so far second hand anyway that it does offer a good load of IVS rules. Still have not seen or heard of anything about the higher costing PTZ..

Now about the Face Detection, I have to admit it does work even with normal cameras the main issue and this issue is also using the 1046EW-AI camera when not setup in the camera it self.. Yes main issue I have found is there is no ROI or area that can be chose for detection.. However what I found is the camera placed in the right area with the right area FOV the detection works a good amount of the time the reason it works better when using the 1046EW-AI was mainly because it has ROI and detection area and an area not to detect.. Now I am personally not sure about 4k AI offering in relation to any of the settings...
Be Safe.