Weird loss of video and my own sanity

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Docsab

Weird loss of video and my own sanity

Post by Docsab »

Hello, I am desperately searching for a solution to my issue, Support was unable to help and gave me an RMA number for replacement NVR but that was denied by the RMA team because my system was more than a year old and support closed my case. Several more calls were unsuccessful.

In any case, I have an NVR3108E which I bought in a package with 4 cameras #IP3M952E. NVR hardwired to router. I use both a video screen attached to the NVR and the phone app to view the feed- no problem for years.

Suddenly one day- video screen is blank- No signal. I change the VGA cord to an HDMI cord and different monitor- still no signal

Here's were it gets weird- I open the app- login failed on all the cameras.

I start switching things out- tried a new hard drive but still no signal on the screen.
I ran the Amcrest IP config- no devices found. I plugged a camera into a PoE injector. Still no devices found.
Looking at the NVR, the power and HDD drive lights are flashing. The HDD is red with the original and the replacement HD.

I am not sure how to troubleshoot further. I know I am out of warranty and don't mind buying another unit if I need to, but I don't know if it is the NVR, HD, or the cameras- none seem to be working correctly. I am wondering if a power surge knocked things out but power is obviously running the NVR.

I am open to further suggestions on how to troubleshoot. Thank you
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Weird loss of video and my own sanity

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So it is kind of hard to say really.

I have a very old 3108 NVR with 4POE ports and 4 outside cameras on how it makes it's connection. Is that how yours is seutp?

Next, Your camera if it was connected to NVR and then setup on a Switch or an Injector, your network might not find the camera without doing a Factory Reset even then it might not find it if your Cameras are setup to only work with your Device. Your 3108 might be different then mine so I am not sure how yours is setup.

Next you could try to see if you can find the device, even Ip Config Tool might not find the cameras if on Static of different Range then your normal. SO if you have Windows, PRess the Windows Key and X then Press W, THen on left Press Ethernet, then on Right click change Adaptor Options. Then right click on the Connection and click Properties, Then TCP/IP v4 then Properties again, in there you will want to setup your computer on a Static IP in your IP range. Then after you setup your Static IP in that window at the bottom is Advanced click that, then next window Click on Add in here you will want to add a second range that Range will be 10.1.1.xxx make xxx a Ip that isn't 1 and that isn't 65 or above. Subnet 255.255.255.0 and save that close all that and go back to desktop. If you have IP Config tool you can load that and do a search for IP's in the 10.1.1.xxx range starting with 1 and it will select 255 as the last.. IF you don't have Ip Config Tool then you can Press Windows Key again and Press R in the box type cmd press enter. Command Prompt will load, then type arp -a or -g in here it should list all IP and some others that are nothing to worry about.

Your looking for something like 192.168.x.x or 10.1.1.xx or something that is in the normal Lan range of a Private Network. If you find other IP's and you have a Static to that IP range as you added the second one if you did as I mentioned above then you could log into the cameras WebUI if it has one again if it is setup for only working with NVR then it might not even offer a WebUI...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe