Voice Prompts, Buzzer, and Audio File Manager

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
pianoetudes

Voice Prompts, Buzzer, and Audio File Manager

Post by pianoetudes »

I am new with Amcrest NVR model NV4108-HS. Quick Guide and User Manual can't answer my questions.

Motion Detect screen allows me to check Buzzer and Voice Prompts.

(1) What is Buzzer and does my NVR have it?
(2) Voice Prompts drop down is only "None". I am under impression that if I check Voice Prompts, the NVR will play the voice prompts but how can I setup my own voice prompts?

In the "Audio" main menu > File Manager, there is an option to add audio files. In the web version, any attempt to upload MP3 files would fail. I tried with USB flash drive to add MP3 (file size 116KB) on the local machine, but this also failed. The exact message I see is "Succeed: 0 Failed: 1".

(3) How can I add MP3 files in Audio > File Manager? and what can I do with the audio files? Will my audio files be listed in the Voice Prompts?

Thank you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Voice Prompts, Buzzer, and Audio File Manager

Post by Revo2Maxx »

One I am not sure the format of the audio file but I am going to guess that they need to be Wav files..

Buzzer is yes the little Piezo speaker that it has built into the machine if you still have them installed anyway... Just keep in mind that if you have your Recorder hidden in in a Loft, or Secure room with little or no access having a speaker in these can be what gives away the rooms Location. Personally I wouldn't use it for Motion or other things as if someone don't know where your Recorder is they can be led to the location by doing so...

Voice Prompts as I said before is or could be Wav files and should have some type of data of the max size and things like that I personally haven't found any that I wanted to use so I have not installed any..
Be Safe.
pianoetudes

Post by pianoetudes »

Wav files did not work. The error message is Invalid Format. Uploading MP3 produces different error message: Import Failed.

Is this forum monitored by Amcrest support? This is definitely a bug.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

OK Thank you sorry I have not tried to use that and after that I have personally uploaded my First File into my NVR.. I am not sure what or how or why your MP3 isn't working. I did just make a MP3 file that is rather small and short and uploaded it to my system and now in my 0 to 20 I now have 1 of 20 loaded..

I am going to guess that it might be a Size issue that the MP3 format your trying to upload is to large maybe here is my test upload on my system
mp3saved.png
mp3saved.png (29.82 KiB) Viewed 658 times
Be Safe.
pianoetudes

Post by pianoetudes »

Still not working. I have tried MP3 file size between 100KB and 20 MB and MP3 quality is between 64 Kbps and 192 Kbps. I tried MP3 files from Amazon and also with Windows Media player ripper and Movie Studio version 16.0.

MP3 Import always failed. Where do you get your MP3?
Attachments
MP3 Windows Media Player
MP3 Windows Media Player
mp3-wmp.jpg (43.22 KiB) Viewed 648 times
MP3 format Vegas
MP3 format Vegas
mp3-screenshot.jpg (54.47 KiB) Viewed 648 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry I am not sure. I made my file and it was between 96Kbps and 128 for the files that I have made and installed. All I know is I use Audacity to make my files and save to a Folder in my Amcrest directory and then from there I load in from the NVR. I have made 4 and all 4 are able to be uploaded to the NVR. I have not tried anything that I didn't make.
Be Safe.
pianoetudes

Post by pianoetudes »

I downloaded some MP3 from public domain (i.e. http://soundbible.com/2218-Service-Bell-Help.html) and it still errors out with "Import Failed". I think the issue is not MP3 file format. For some reason, my machine (model NV4108-HS) might accept any audio file.

Is anyone with NV4108-HS model able to upload audio files?