View Pro App Problem: Only 0000-0100 playback is available?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: View Pro App Problem: Only 0000-0100 playback is available?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum. Sorry to hear about the issues.. Something to test out for a little bit. I would maybe test this on the most important channel that your recording and see if that changes anything for a couple of days..

Go to the NVR, Storage, Schedule and change that channel or 2 of them for testing. Change from Full time recording so only Alarm and Motion is setup unless it is an AI NVR then Alarm, Motion and IVS (Intelligent) for today and tomorrow.

Then in the left side where the Schedule area is under that should be Record Mode. In there click on Sub Channel Manual record type for your channels you want. While this is not 100% HD quality on all systems seeing most sub channels are recording VGA format. However if the camera has a second sub channel that maybe was setup with 1080P or something other you can do manual for that one rather then the first Sub because you can only record one of them at a time. Now this will setup by setting your sub channel to manual to record full time. I setup my Mic Enabled cameras on Sub channel so I can have Audio and all events will still be recorded and able to search for them under the format. Like Motion, IVS, or Alarm for full HD format recording. However in the event say the person happens to go out of the ROI (Recording rule or Grid) and there is thing being said I can then watch and hear what I would have missed just because they were out of the view but still in Audio of.. Here is a view of todays recording from one of my full time cameras. All the lines in the Blue are events that I could search out and play full HD
Screenshot_20230404_135504_Amcrest View Pro.jpg
Screenshot_20230404_135504_Amcrest View Pro.jpg (908.46 KiB) Viewed 1252 times
Be Safe.
nautcasprt6

Post by nautcasprt6 »

Just a heads up that I did open a ticket with Amcrest and linked this thread. Will wait and see what happens.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thanks, Please let the forum know what you find out.

I am wondering if it is an issue related to NTP and the time settings because that is one of the only other things that I am sure I have done different then most others and that is turning off server time and DST settings and I just deal with that from my local machines on the day and time of change and every since I removed the NTP and DST my system has ran smooth all year with out crazy issues that take a month or 2 after the change and at times even longer to solve it where the device starts working as expected again
Be Safe.
nautcasprt6

Post by nautcasprt6 »

Just heard back from Amcrest and they mentioned that the latest app update should have resolved this. It looks like they are aware this was an issue, but the latest update did not resolve it for me. They also mentioned that a date/time out of sync could also cause this. I checked both in the app and on the web, synced my date/time and the issue still persists. Waiting to hear back from them.
AdrianAustin

Post by AdrianAustin »

Had same app issue of viewing only 12am-1am. This started happening after updating the app.
Found going back to app version 4.2.024 fixed the issue.

Search YouTube on how to get an older app version.
Attachments
Screenshot_20230405_174804_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20230405_174804_Samsung Internet.jpg (331.25 KiB) Viewed 1243 times
nautcasprt6

Post by nautcasprt6 »

Yup. That fixed it. Reverted to .024. Will prob leave it on this for a while.
Will still report back once I hear from Amcrest if they resolve it and I will test if there is a new updated to the app afterwards.
Thanks for the help.
AdrianAustin wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:03 pm Had same app issue of viewing only 12am-1am. This started happening after updating the app.
Found going back to app version 4.2.024 fixed the issue.

Search YouTube on how to get an older app version.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

While that is working, I am not sure that is the issue. Seeing the one I am using is 30 where that is X on the picture above. So there is a different issue that has to be related to something with in the users service provider or something within the phone it self? I have access to all my storage data even on non Amcrest NVR's that I use on ASP over IP.
Be Safe.
99formulam6

Post by 99formulam6 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:13 pm While that is working, I am not sure that is the issue. Seeing the one I am using is 30 where that is X on the picture above. So there is a different issue that has to be related to something with in the users service provider or something within the phone it self? I have access to all my storage data even on non Amcrest NVR's that I use on ASP over IP.
My wife was having the same issue on her phone (Samsung S23 Ultra) but my Phone (iPhone 13 Pro Max) had no issues. She was on the newest software release (AVP .30) but I reverted the app to the older version and it is now working.
aliantonio

Post by aliantonio »

Posting to confirm that I had the same issue as OP and reverting back to .024 has resolved the issue. Thanks!