Video Skipping from Playback

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
nmsr1196

Re: Video Skipping from Playback

Post by nmsr1196 »

I have to say that I've been with Amcrest for a long time. Before the high res cameras (MP, 4k) my video playback was flawless. It doesn't seem like there is a fix but only a bandaid. Now, it looks as if I have to dedicate more money into fixing an issue that should not be an issue. Meaning, I have the NVR for security. If I can't rely on it for smooth playback, that in itself seems like a security issue to me. Now I have to ponder should I get an Amcrest upgraded model to do what I thought my current two NVRs should be doing. I'm not too happy about this. I'm noticing the issue on both my NVRs. I'm disappointed to say the least.
nmsr1196

Re: Video Skipping from Playback

Post by nmsr1196 »

Here is the other comparison. I also have 5 Ring cameras all of which are wifi. In the tech world, wifi is a little tricker than a cabled solution. But, wifi works, in general, we use it across various technologies. There is a point as it relates to my NVR issue. For all the time that I've had my Ring wifi cameras, I have always had a smooth and constant playback on the video. So, I'm wondering why am I having these issues with a more robust unit compared to a smaller wifi camera unit.