Video Data Transmit

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
RAMCREST644

Video Data Transmit

Post by RAMCREST644 »

When I setup a NVR with P2P, does the video data go to the AMCREST's server? or just IP address info?

because when I set it up and I see the cable modem are lot of activates but no one login and see the video... which worried me.

Thanks
RAM
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Video Data Transmit

Post by Revo2Maxx »

In P2P the only function of the connection when your not making a current connection is to tell a Server your systems UUID and then when you use your phone or tablet and or ASP to make a connection to said P2P connection it will Ping the Server(s) and when one answers that it is in charge of the hand off the Server starts a Connection to your device to your phone there is nothing between the 2. It is only a Connection from your Phone to your NVR..

Now if you use Amcrestview.com or the Amcrest Cloud then the data would transfer from your system to the servers for a set time or for your in use time and uses P2P for the connection.. There will be loads of Traffic even when your not making a connection. IF your worried about it, Set your NVR for illegal Log in to the lowest you can as each system is different some are 3 some are 5 tries I then lock out longest that I can as well. I also alert (Alarm) and Log the event
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
RAMCREST644

Re: Video Data Transmit

Post by RAMCREST644 »

Thank you Revo2Maxx!