user group account cannot be deleted?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
torrey99

user group account cannot be deleted?

Post by torrey99 »

Under group account tab theres a user group account and a administrator group account that I didn't make I think it must of been made when my NVR was hijacked cuz i left the admin pass default, and I cannot delete these accounts in the NVR webgui or my NVR, when I try to delete it it says ''current group in use now'' and wont delete. I have my main admin account under user tab which i beleive is the only one thats mine. I think I tried doing a factory reset too and the accounts were still there, maybe i should try that again but dont wanna config everything if theres another way to hopefully delete those 2 accounts that I didnt make.

heres a screenshot
https://imgur.com/a/lHNsSt0
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: user group account cannot be deleted?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So there is a couple of things here..

Groups are just that Groups. There is no user in there just Groups and what each Group will have access to..

Where it matters is the Users tab. That is where you will have the name of the Users or admins.. Only access will be given to anyone in the Users area not the Groups area..

Can't delete groups as they are made by the programming of the recorder or camera manufacture. What you can do in the groups if you will not have any users is take away all rights to playback and leave right to see one camera that don't matter if any sees or just take all view rights either way it is up to you. What ever you change if you add normal user in the future you will have to give back access you want so it is an area that is setup to give out access to each type by default a set way without having to make loads of changes..
Screenshot (1807).png
Screenshot (1807).png (22.83 KiB) Viewed 345 times
Screenshot (1808).png
Screenshot (1808).png (17.61 KiB) Viewed 345 times
This is only user I have on this machine other 2 above are just groups for when I add user as default settings they will get when added to that group
Screenshot (1809).png
Screenshot (1809).png (20.95 KiB) Viewed 345 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: user group account cannot be deleted?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So wanted to add something to your last post about WebUI..

Please note if you don't want to log into each of the cameras to change them 1 at a time, If they are Amcrest cameras, you can change your password for your NVR from the NVR and it will ask you if you want to also change in the cameras and that is the fastest way to make sure all your cameras that are connected to your POE NVR are also changed..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe